Sunday, February 20, 2022

On the 7th

On 7th day of CNY, the boys went back to school. The girl was on rotation and she happened to stay at home and have online classes that week.

So, after dropped the boys at school, I steamed this 5 five blessing siu Mai for me, hubby, Jan and MIL. 


5 flavours such as pork, seafood, sotong, and salted egg. I not sure what was the last flavour, but they equally nice.

Then around 9am, we went to Big Mouth Food Centre to meet up with my KL sis and her hubby. They actually visited us on the 3rd day of CNY, spent quite a long time at our house. A brunch meet up in Big Mouth Food Court on the 7th day before they left for KL the next night. 

The 7th day of CNY (Chinese called it 人日), we were supposed to take the lui cha as a tradition but the Hakka lui cha stall wasn't opened!! Many people came for the lui cha, it was actually quite well known in Kuching.  But it wasn't opened and many customers left afterward. 

Anyhow, we ended with other available stalls since we were there. I went for the glass noodle soup from a stall at the back of the shop.

RM7 for my glass noodle soup. Pretty good to take. Something light, not so heavy for brunch.


And thanks sis and BIL for the chicken essence gift hamper.  Hope to meet you guys soon!!! Take care.



7 comments:

Agnes CF Lee said...

siew mai is our favourite too..we had some yesterday tapau from kedai.

suituapui said...

One siew mai post in my blog coming soon.

suituapui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie's Recipes said...

Those siu Mai are making my mouth water terribly!

mun said...

Wow! The SIU Mai look so colourful and tasty! Good that your kl sister can visit you all this CNY! Sure you all have fun catching up.

Nux V said...

the siew mai are so colorful! looks good and tasty!

PH said...

I love siew mai! I can many, dipped in sweet chili sauce.