Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Never missed it

Today is Chap Goh Mei, so wishing everyone "Happy Chap Goh Mei"!!

Back to the 1st day of the Year of Tiger, my mil and I woke up around 6am to cook chicken soup. We were having chicken mee suah for breakfast. A tradition in the family especially the Foochow to have a bowl of mee suah on 1st day of Chinese New Year. Since I married to my hubby, we have never missed it as either I cooked at home or we went to my in-law's house for it in the morning. 



After a breakfast of mee suah, we went to my parents' house and spent few hours and had lunch there. Then we went home to take an afternoon rest. My mil stayed at home as she didn't want to go out visiting and an aunt and family came to our house.

Hubby and I went to a friend's house which was a minute away in the evening. We had mee suah at his house. A scrumptious mee suah as we had abalone and maw with it!!
 

Mee suah represents longevity and good health, so I hope everyone stays healthy, safe and have an abundance of happiness and peace this year!!

6 comments:

suituapui said...

Happy & Blessed Chap Goh Meh to you and all loved ones!
No mee sua today but we did have it on the 1st Day of Chinese New Year. Wahhhh!!! Abalone and fish maw! High class mee suah! LOL!!!

Twilight Man said...

Happy Chap Goh Meh to you and family. I have not eaten any Mee Suah this year. I will cook one bowl today.

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks like that you had a rather busy New Year celebration with the family, Rose. Your chicken mee suah looks very tasty.

Nux V said...

Happy Chap Goh Meh to you and family. The mee suah looks delicious, whether with abalone or not, i would still wallop all!

Nancy Chan said...

Delicious mee sua and chicken soup. I wouldn't mind having mee sua on the 1st morning of CNY. I love mee sua but hubby doesn't like mee sua. He is Cantonese.

mun said...

Your Mee sua looks delicious and luxurious. Good to hear you and your extended family have a good cny.