By now you would know that I enjoy cooking and consuming soups. Nothing too herbal because I cannot stand the smell of some herbs and spices. And also I seldom add pepper to my soups because I never like peppery soups. Or you can say my throat is highly sensitive to pepper.
Most of the soups I cook are simple and easy to take. I love soup because they are healthier too.
And I also share with you my other liking today. I love sweet corn and peanuts too. Love the sweetness of both.
I love my sweet corns to be steamed and then add butter on the corn before digging my teeth on them!! And other way of enjoying my corns is cook them in soup.
Simple to cook and taste sweet and great too.
Sweet corns with chicken soup
Chicken part (I used thigh and chicken wings); 2 - 3 fresh sweet corns (chopped into smaller pieces), Red dates, white pepper
1. After thaw the chicken meat, throw into the slow cooker together with the sweet corns and red dates.
2. Let it cook for another 2 hours. Before serving, add few dashes of Sarawak white pepper.
As for peanuts, I love to cook them together with pork ribs. They taste heavenly. And hubby enjoyed this soup a bit peppery so for his sake I added some pepper into the soup.
Pork ribs and peanuts soup
Ingredients: Pork ribs (cut into smaller pieces; thaw); Peanuts (soak and rinse); salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak and rinse the peanuts few times until the water turned clearer
2. Pour the thawed pork ribs and peanuts into slow cooker. Let it cooks for 2 hours
3. Add salt and Sarawak white pepper to taste.