I think most kids love spaghetti, one way or another. My kids enjoy my spaghetti whenever I cook for them. I make it at least once or twice a month.
I got 2 packs of this smoked duck breast (RM17 each) from my sis not long ago. Her brother-in-law is selling it and she gave me 2 packs to try.
A product made in Perak. And what I do with it? I could make salad with it. Hubby would love it. But on one Monday when he went for his fishing trip, I use the smoked duck breast in my pasta! A spaghetti dinner for me and kids.
Stir fried semolina spaghetti with duck breast. I have been buying this durum wheat semolina spaghetti from Thailand. It only takes 10 minutes to cook al dente.
After I drained the water from my spaghetti, I would stir fry it for a while before serving. Meanwhile I heated up the defrosted duck breast in my electric oven for 10 minutes at 180C. Then I slightly pan-fried it before cut into slices.
Spaghetti, cook al dente for 10 minutes
5 garlic cloves, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
1 pack of smoked duck breast
4 chicken sausages, sliced thinly
1 Prego carbonara sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 180C before put in thawed smoked duck breast, cook for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up a pan. Add olive oil. Once heated, pan fried the duck meat for a minute on all sides. Set aside, let it cool before slice.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add a tsp salt before adding the spaghetti. Cook according to instruction. Drain.
4. Heat up some olive oil in a pan or wok. Toss in garlic mince and saute till fragrant and brown. Add in sausages. Stir fried till cook for few minutes before adding in the spaghetti. Mix well.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine well. Dish out.
6. In a sauce pan, heat up the carbonara sauce. Add some water, salt and pepper. Once heated up, off the heat.
7. Plate and serve your spaghetti and eat while it is warm!!