Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Got a taste of it

Remember when I told you that hubby and I went all the way to Padungan for a supper in the rain last year??

Yes, we went back to the coffee shop just few nights before Chinese New Year. Together with my mil who arrived the day earlier, we had a late supper around 10pm that evening. We found a table in the shop, so we decided to have our supper instead of takeaway.


Finally!! I got to taste the char kueh (fried radish cake), which I wanted to try in my previous visit. It was so good!!!


RM6 for this plate of well fried char kueh plus prawns. No wonder hubby was singing praise of it in the past. It was really that nice and tasty.  The three of us shared the char kueh and I also had a bowl of Sarawak laksa. Hubby and mil shared a bowl of kolo mee.



If course, after this heavy supper that I had, it took a while to digest and did have a late night that night. But it was the start of the Chinese New Year holiday, so I didn't mind the late night. 

7 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I miss radish cake! The noodle with the prawns looks great too,Rose.

suituapui said...

Wowwwwwww!!! That plate is HUGE!!! $6 with prawns, that's a steal!!!

PH said...

It was worth the trip since the char kueh was so good!

Nux V said...

big portion for the fried radish cake, and with prawns somemore! i m drooling!

mun said...

Hahahaha, it was a heavy supper indeed. I don't eat after 7 pm nowadays but u all went there so of course must sapu all and eat kaw kaw. I like to eat all the food you all ordered in small quantities to have all the tastes instead of just one dish. Yummy!

Nancy Chan said...

I miss char kueh. Over here, they do not put in prawns. With prawns added sure very tasty.

Twilight Man said...

I love to eat Char Kueh too. Yours look more appetizing with prawns for just RM6.00