Friday, February 11, 2022

Penang

We went for a breakfast cum meet up with an uncle (old friend of my in-law) at this food court in MJC. The Saturday before CNY. 


We ordered our breakfast from the Penang Pork Noodle stall.  This noodle set plus the pork soup. The kway teow was firm and tasty (with MSG!!) and the soup was nice and comforting to take. RM6.50 per set. 

We spent more than an hour talking with uncle. Many stories shared between him and my mil. A friendly uncle that never bored us with his humor and stories. 



8 comments:

suituapui said...

This Chinese New Year, a lot of happy reunions. Not for us though, we just #stayedsafe #stayedwell #stayedhome
Kind of worrying that the number of cases is increasing so fast!

Angie's Recipes said...

Both kway teow and the soup look really appetzing!

Nux V said...

at first I thought u went to Penang...LOL! i miss Penang food so much!

PH said...

It's nice to listen to the old folks telling stories from long ago. I really miss that since most of the old folks have passed. Cherish them while you can!

Nancy Chan said...

The pork soup looks delicious. Some old folks have very interesting stories to tell. I am sure the old uncle and your MIL have many stories to share from their young days.

mun said...

As long as it is safe, a good catch up for your mother in law with her friend. Good that all of you have a great time.

Twilight Man said...

Good to catch up with older friends and relatives. I will visit Penang again soon. More food to eat!!

Ezvina said...

I thought you went to Penang :D
I miss real Penang food.