Friday, August 6, 2021

Back for you

After our first taste of stinky tofu in June, hubby can't wait to go back to taste it again. I never knew he loves this snack so much that he was craving for it for few days!

It was a Tuesday, Hari Raya Haji holiday. We left our house around 430pm, and the road that evening wasnt so jammed.  So it was a smooth drive to Yeyan Food Court in Simpang Tiga. Luckily no queue in front of the Stinky Tofu stall unlike on my first visit which took such a long time for my order to prepare.

This time, hubby did the ordering.  I wasn't keen to taste it again, so I left it for him to order.  We were the only customers that ordered the stinky tofu so it took 15 minutes to prepare and deep fry the tofu.  Rest assured, they made it fresh when customers ordered it, so we needed to be patient waiting for our dish.

Pinoy menu

Lechon baboy

While waiting, we ordered some pork dishes from Pinoy Lechon Baboy stall. In our previous visit, I bought its roasted pork belly and it was tasty, tender and nice, so this round, we also ordered that.  RM20 for the pork belly and a RM10 for pork adobo. The pork adobo was peppery and spicy and the meat was tender.  

Pork adobo

So, we had takeaway iced tea, Pinoy pork dishes and stinky tofu from Yeyan that  evening. We immediately took the stinky tofu in our car with the iced tea. This time, we had the Thai chilli stinky tofu (RM8) and tea-infused black stinky tofu (RM8).  

2 missing pieces as hubby ate them before I took photo of this

Tea- infused tasted nicer


However hubby commented the stinky tofu in our 1st visit was nicer as stinkier and tastier.  This round, he commented it wasn't pungent enough.  I agreed with him that the tofu wasn't as smell and stinky but I find it pleasant enough for my tastebuds.  It is an acquired taste and everyone's tolerance and preference for such fermented food is different.  


Anyone in Kuching that is interested or dare to try it out, you can pre-order first by calling this number to avoid long wait. 



11 comments:

mun said...

Wah, your husband is truly a foodie. He enjoys eating this tofu, very good! This time you also feel that the tofu is nice because it wasn't as strong as the previous time. Good good but not so good for your husband who prefers stronger taste.

suituapui said...

Nice kah? I tried once but it did not get me all excited.

Ahhhh...I'd love that lechon baboy, I'm sure. Baboy or babui is Melanau for pork, so many of our local words are similar or the same as those in tagalog.

Angie's Recipes said...

This is the kind of food that one either loves or hates...my husband can't stand the smell..Lechon baboy looks mouthwatering.

Nux V said...

i have yet to try any of those Philippines dish...hopefully one day i could try pork adobo.

Nancy Chan said...

Looks like your man is a fan of stinky tofu. I have never seen black stinky tofu. I have tasted once but not a fan yet. Lol!

PH said...

hah..hah...your hubby enjoys stinky tofu. For me, one time is enough. LOL!

Libby said...

I remember my Buddy Jose tried stinky tofu when we went Hong Kong in 2002 but I did not try. I am interested to try but wonder will I dare to walk near the store if it is very smelly.

The Yum List said...

Oh gosh, a repeat customer. Think I told you I tried it in Taiwan. I don't think I told you that I had to spit it out ;-) I swear it tasted like sewerage to my taste buds. :-O

Rose world said...

Me too, on my first try!! Really unbearable to chew and swallow. Oh my. I swallow with iced tea to wash away the taste. Lol.

Twilight Man said...

I have tried to eat stinky tofu in Taipei and KL several times but failed. I need to ask your hubby to teach me to enjoy it. I have no problem with petai and durians.

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586