Wednesday, August 18, 2021

In the bag

The last Friday of July. Hubby came home late as he had auditors in the office, busy with them. And then he went to meet up with a colleague from Sri Aman. She bought over some durian and dabai (wild olive). 


Oh my! The durians from Sri Anan sure were good.  Small size, the flesh was yellowish and sweet. 

Hubby immediately cut open one that evening. Initially I did not want it as I don't fancy it because of heatiness. But then I obliged and took 2 seeds. After that, we drank some water from the durian husk. They said it neautralise the heatiness, so we followed this myth. Yet, I poured myself a glass of lukewarm salted water after that. Lol. 


Not only that she gave us a bag of durians, she also passed a container of ready-to-eat wild olive. Not the usual glossy black skin, but purplish, lighter colour. 



When hubby brought home this big paper bag, I thought we were going to enjoy something yummy for supper. Alas, just to keep the dabai, 2 muffins and a drink which he already finished off. 

One chocolate muffin, which Jay took after ate the durian, while this butter chocolate chip muffin was kept for my tea break the day. 


Heated it up for few minutes and it was so soft and warm. Too sweet though but I managed to finish it up. 



Did we keep all the durians? No, passed some to my parents. Cannot finish all by ourselves. That night after I took it, my body immediately reacted. Dry cough, dry throat. That is why I don't fancy or eat it much nowadays. 



9 comments:

Libby said...

Last time I tend to get sore throat easily when I eat healthy food such as durians and curry, now my body and health have improved (touch wood touch wood), drink more plain water to recover. Hope your dry throat will go away soon.

I have not eaten wild olives before.

Normally for durians I will buy the ready packed ones so that we do not need to open the husks.

Libby said...

*typo, when I eat heaty food

suituapui said...

That is why I do not eat these fruits so much. In my younger days, they all came out in the landas or rainy season at the end of the year - they called that the phua pay (falling sick) season, the doctors' clinics always packed...and everyone had a bad cough!

mun said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear that you have a dry cough. Please take good care of yourself and speedy recovery! 💕🙏

Nux V said...

i m also not eating durians these days as my body tend to get heaty after that.

PH said...

I love durians and fortunately for me, I don't get the heaty reaction.

Nancy Chan said...

I love durians and it will be hard for me to refrain from eating durians. I usually drink coconut water or eat lots of mangosteen to cool down the heat. I wonder how fresh olives taste like.

Twilight Man said...

I always love durians with yellow skin. They tend to be more fragrant and tastier. Yums!

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586