Saturday, August 21, 2021

Flip pan way

Since I bought my first flip pan, I have been experimenting and using it to cook my dishes especially meats. I love to use it as it was easy to use and less oil and grease. The meats also turn out tasty, moist and tender.

Not long ago, I used the flip pan to cook my chicken thighs. I have been making this Nam Yue (fermented red beancurds) chicken thighs quite frequent lately as everyone seemed to enjoy them. I tried roasting method but I found it time consuming to wait for the chicken to cook in the oven. So, I switched to the flip pan way to cook this nam yue chicken thighs. They turned out great, flavourful and moist.

I post my recipe over here, so if you would like to try it, you are most welcome. Hope you love it. 

Ingredients:

2 chicken thighs 

2 nam yue

1 tbsp nam yue sauce 

1 tbsp Shao xing wine 

1 tbsp light soy sauce 

Dash of pepper 

1 tsp grated ginger 

1 tsp grated garlic 


Methods: 

1. Mix all ingredients well, rub all over the chicken thighs. Cover and marinate for few hours, or overnight.

2. Heat up the flip pan. Lower the heat, add in some cooking oil, about 2 tbsp.

3. Add in the chicken thighs, skin side down. Close the flip pan, let it cook for 15 minutes under low heat. Flip to other side, cook for another 15 minutes.

4. Off the heat, chop the chicken into biteable sizes.









11 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The chicken looks seriously juicy and tender! Chicken thighs taste so much better than the breast part.

Twilight Man said...

I must get my wife a new flip pan. It can really cook wonders.

mun said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Will come in handy one day. The chicken leg in your photo sure looks juicy. Is there a rubber lining around the mouth of the flip pan?

suituapui said...

Yes, your chicken does look really great! I wonder where my missus has put hers - it has been a long time since I saw her use hers. She bought one a long time ago.

suituapui said...

There you are, ten years ago in 2011. I did blog about the pan at the time...
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/both-sides-now-2/

PH said...

There was a time when this flip fan (the Malay blogs call it pemanggang ajaib) was very popular. I wanted to buy it too but up till now I haven't.

Rose world said...

Yes, there is rubber lining on both sides.

mun said...

Thanks for the confirmation! Stay safe! 🙏

Libby said...

Ah, you are putting the flip pan into good use, the chicken thighs look tasty.

Ezvina said...

Nice, I havent got a flip pan yet.

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586