Friday, July 16, 2021

2 soups on a Sunday

It was a raining Sunday, the last Sunday of June. We did not went for our morning walk, so I cooked breakfast at home. Fried rice with Chinese sausage and fried noodle, whichever suit everyone's tastebuds. 



As for lunch, I heated up the herbal pork soup that I made the day before. Add in mee suah, and it was our simple lunch. 



And hubby was craving for mutton soup so I cooked that with onion in the slow cooker, let it simmer till dinnertime. 

In my previous post, hubby and I went out to Ye Yan to buy the stinky tofu. While I was  there, I also bought pork belly for RM24 (RM10 for every 100gm) from Pinoy Lechon Baboy stall. 


The lechon baboy was nice, salty and garlicky with crispy skin. 

From Ye Yan, we dropped by a pharmacy in Brighton Square to get Jamie's lotion and an antibiotic cream for myself. 


My index finger got infected when I woke up that morning. Pus-filled swell on left side of the finger, so I got my man to help me. 

After 2 days, the finger was getting better. So happy to be able to use it properly. Don't you think it is a bit troublesome to do housechore with one 'injured' finger?? I felt 'handicap' for 2 days as everytime it touched something, it will be painful. 

10 comments:

suituapui said...

Glad your finger's better.

Do you take the Foochow "char bee lau" (fragrant root) soup? I like that more than pek ting eyok, the chicken soup cooked with the roots and the dried cuttlefish (meng ngee),

suituapui said...

https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/pick-u-up/

mun said...

Fried noodles and fried rice for breakfast! Yummy! 😋 I will eat a bit of both. All your soups look delicious! We seldom have mutton soup here. That pork belly skin looks very crispy. Ouch! Ya, can understand that it is so inconvenient to work with an injured finger. Speedy recovery! Hope your finger is all ok now. Was the swelling due to an insect bite?

Nux V said...

that is one important finger....and i wonder how i can live without it...well i mean without it fully functional...Hope all is well now.

PH said...

Definitely handicapped with an injured finger, and worst if it is the thumb!

The Yum List said...

What can seem like such a small injury can really be quite bothersome.

Nancy Chan said...

Home cooked fried rice and fried noodle are my favourites. I haven't tried to cook mutton, afraid that it might not turn out nice. Recently, I too had a infected left hand finger too. I too felt "handicapped" until it healed after a few days.

Twilight Man said...

I would always use Lavender Essential Oil for any injury or bleeding as they have fastest healing properties.

SGRMSE. said...

i love the title of this post. :'D

did you have an allergic reaction or something?

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586