Monday, August 30, 2021

New

We were back to our morning walk early this month. So while we were at it, we would walked to our favourite coffee shop to buy breakfast.

The shop disallowed dine-in (when it was alright and permitted to do so) so we can only tapau its kolo mee and some fried fritters home. The snack stall as always serve nice fritters. My kids and I love its banana fritters while the man likes its spring onion fritters.



One morning, I spotted it had a new item on display. Few yellow buns which attracted me. When asked about it, it was mantou. Pumpkin mantou to be exact. So I bought 2 for RM3 to give it a try. 


Dense bun, tasted sweet. I like pumpkin so I did enjoyed this pumpkin mantou.


Couple weeks ago, one of hubby's fishing buddies gave us 2 fillets of threadfin (ngor hu in Hokkien) and a couple of Indian threadfin (ikan cermin) fishes that he caught. 

Look how big was this fish!! I need to cut it into half, so it able to go into my steamer. 


Usually I steamed it with lots of garlic, ginger, salted plum and sauces and seasoning. Tasted good and tasty, with the fish being fresh and sweet.

One day, I tried new sauce and used this bottled sauce that I bought quite sometime ago to go with one part of the fish.


Ended up with super tasty and flavourful steamed fish. The sauce was something similar to those used for grilled fish. Slightly garlicky, spicy and sourish. 


How do you like your steamed fish??








9 comments:

suituapui said...

I would love to try that mantao!

Yes, some coffee shops refuse to allow dining in as their business will not be much better and to open up the place, they would have to employ workers. The money they make each day is not enough to pay them. Better just carry on with tapao (takeaway).

Angie's Recipes said...

So many delicious treats! The pumpkin mantou looks so lovely with that typical golden colour. My mom makes steamed fish with ginger, garlic and spring onion. Gotta tell her to that fish sauce!

Nux V said...

i prefer plain steamed fish with ginger, garlic, spring onion (exclude any sauces). And the fish has to be fresh...LOL!

mun said...

That shop is smart to protect itself and its customers by not allowing dine in because it is safer that way. So nice of the friend to give you all the fresh fish. Fresh fish I like them steamed with just a bit of ginger. No need any sauce.

PH said...

I enjoy steamed fish, either the one steamed with ginger, garlic and sauces or the one with savory topping like what you cooked.

Nancy Chan said...

I like both fritters and the pumpkin mantou. For fresh fish, I like it steamed. I will check if we have that steamed fish sauce here. I have seen MasFood products here but wasn't aware of the fish sauce.

Libby said...

I like both the banana and spring onion fritters. I like my steamed fish with hum choy, tomatoes and mushrooms strips, yums!

Twilight Man said...

I have eaten Pumpkin Mantou many years ago. It was so fragrant and soft. It was sold at the pasar malam here where they always have variety of mantou buns. Miss them now.

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586