Monday, August 9, 2021

Phase 2's dine-in

Our very first dine-in during Phase 2 was end of last month. Of course, we went for an early breakfast around 645am so it wasn't packed.


Hubby was craving for handmade noodle and he commented that it was best eaten on the spot while it was warm. So, we had our dine-in after many weeks of takeaway. I ordered one bowl of handmade noodle for him, one kolo kway teow for myself and a bowl of dumplings (wantan) to share between us.



Similar to Hakka kolo noodle, it has generous amount of minced pork on top of the kway teow. The dumpling soup was nice.  First time we tried its soup and it was a great choice to take on a cold morning. 


Can you see the way they wrapped the dumpling? A ring shaped, something like what they called a Chinese gold method.  The dumplings were fresh, meaty and tasty.


While we were there, the Malay kueh stall just opened up. In the past, they operated after 730am but surprisingly they were early that morning.  So we bought some curry puff from them which the kids enjoyed in the past.

After finished up our breakfast and bought curry puff, we did not waste any time to leave. We also went to the nearby pork shop to get some pork and vegetable supplies before headed home. Hubby had to go to work so we did not waste much time hanging out outside. Just did our thing and went home! 
 

8 comments:

suituapui said...

Great idea! I think I shall go early too, nobody around so it is safer! Sibu Phase 3 already but I have not dined in anywhere, still staying safe, staying well and staying home. I guess it pays not to go out anywhere unless absolutely necessary, no need to take any chances.

mun said...

The dumplings sure look very tasty! I will go for that. Stay safe!

Nux V said...

yea, go early for dine-in so that it is not crowded and the air is fresher! i miss dine-out and it seems like another long wait in KL.....

Libby said...

I want those dumplings! Look so tasty and comforting inside the soup too. And I like the look of those char siews.

PH said...

How nice that you can dine-in already. I love those dumplings and bought frozen ones to eat with soup.

Nancy Chan said...

This time I am not looking forward dine in the restaurants or coffee shop even though we do miss dining-in. Most of the eateries are also not keen to allow dine-in because of the high number of infected cases. Your orders and dumplings plus the curry puffs are what I would love to enjoy.

Twilight Man said...

I saw this post days ago and had to find the nearby coffee shop. One stall sells Kolo Mee of 4 variations. I was puzzled and confused, so chose original. Tomorrow will try another type.

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586