Friday, July 2, 2021

Goreng, goreng

What I have been cooking lately. More frying it seemed.  I know, not healthy but once in while, I guess it is fine. Just don't go overboard with it but the kids seemed to enjoy the 'goreng, goreng' dishes.


Few weeks ago, hubby brought a pack of frizen pork dumpling from a shop. I can't remember where and how much. I took them out and fried them on one Saturday. Hubby and I enjoyed them with black vinegar, while the kids hardly touched them. 


I cook squids quite often as hubby bought quite lots of packs. I took out a bigger size squids and make this super delicious and addictive salt & pepper squids. 

For coating, my favourite is this brand. I bought a wrong pack one time; a curry flavour. However it was not that spicy and the curry flavour was mild, so my kids liked it. 


I used the curry flavour mostly in squids. Seasoned with bit of salt and pepper. Then coated with egg white before dipped in the flour, they were ready to be fried to crispiness. 

Sometimes I don't use egg white as my youngest could not take egg white. So it was just salt, pepper and Kentucky flour, how my fried chicken turned out to be. Not that crsipy though but the matter was the taste. 


For more flavourful fried chicken, I liked the nam yue fried chicken. Marinated them overnight, the taste was even better. 


And when I am super lazy but want some goreng goreng chicken, I will go for the frozen chicken nuggets. Like those from Marina. Super good and real chicken chunks. And Jamie can enjoys them without allergen concern. 



Of all, I hate frying shallots the most. Why? The time spending on slicing and frying. The oil used. Gosh. But it is so good in fried noodles, fried rice, soups and dishes, don't you agree?? 



Yum yum. Which one do you like? 

8 comments:

suituapui said...

My girl enjoys fried stuff a lot like or koi, for example. She would not touch the steamed ones, will eat the deep fried ones only...and of course, she loved the Marina chicken nuggets.

My missus will cook the squid, masak kunyit - I keep telling her can fry with kicap and dried chili...or tempura but it all fell on deaf ears. She says my girl likes the kunyit one. :(

Sakuranko said...

Oh very interesting dishes

Angie's Recipes said...

Those fried squids and chicken are looking really GOOD!

mun said...

I like the salt and pepper squids the best! As long as u r ok to fry the food, everyone would enjoy eating them. Yum yum yummy! 😋😋😋

Nux V said...

i like deep fried stuffs...yummzzzz!

PH said...

Anything goreng goreng I love! Your squids make me craving as I used to order this at the restaurant. I love fried shallots and I agree with you that it is so tedious to make.

Twilight Man said...

The fried squids are y top favourite. Crispy and flavourful.

I agree that fried shallots are too tedious and time consuming. However when I bought a small bottle for RM15 is pricey.

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586