Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Omelette sandwich

One Saturday last month, everyone woke up late. After all the tiring weekdays of working and homeschooling, it was fine for everyone to rest and enjoy a nice Saturday morning in bed.

Too late to go out tapau our favourite kolo mee as we would expect a long queue. So we took the easy way out. Drive through order at McD's! 

After read Mun's post on McD's new omelette cheese burger, both of us were keen to give it a try. The promotional poster was attractive and Mun did commented it was pleasant. I wondered why they named it sandwich instead of burger as it was obviously served in a bun. Or maybe it was omelette sandwiched in between 2 buns, they called it sandwich. 

Anyway there wasn't a queue at the drive through that Saturday morning, so it did not take us long to collect our order and headed home, which was a minute drive only. Yes, our place was very near to McD's outlet in MJC but it has been a while since we went there. Pricey to have breakfast there so we don't do it that frequently. 


2 sausage & omelette cheese sandwiches for me and hub, Jan and Jay took the sausage McMuffin with egg while Jamie had the chicken porridge. Of course the hash brown was for the kids. 


Did I like the sausage & omelette cheese sandwich? I have to admit that I quite enjoy it.  It was tasty and cheesy. Different story for hub as he prefers the McMuffin better. 

Our bill for our breakfast. We ordered mostly ala carte as the kids usually don't take their drinks. 

As of this post date, I had tasted the sandwich twice. I found it appetizing and the taste was light, just nice for a quick breakfast. 


9 comments:

mun said...

Good morning 🌞 Rowena, glad to hear that you like the McD Omelette bun n has eaten it twice. I also want to order it again. Can understand why your husband prefer the McMuffin. It is because that egg is thicker and softer. Have a nice day!

suituapui said...

We have hash brown and sausages in the freezer - my girl loves those and would want to have them for breakfast sometimes...and of course, we always have eggs and there's bacon too. Because of this, we would never go for the ones outside...but of course, it is nice to stay in bed and laze around, no need to go through the hassle of cooking one's own but one thing here - we only have one McD and it is often crowded, no physical distancing and it may take sometime.

Twilight Man said...

I wonder how late you guys woke up? 10.00am?
I like to eat sausage McMuffin with egg very much.

Angie's Recipes said...

It looks filling and delicious!

Nux V said...

ever since MCO3.0, i didn't take McD coz hardly go out/pass by my usual McD drive-thru....kinda miss it now.

PH said...

Nice change to have McD for breakfast.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Although I can't remember the last time I had anything from McDonald's, but I always pass by 2 of its outlet regularly.

I think the omelet sandwich is not available in my part of the world. But if it'll do, I am going to give it a try.

Libby said...

I always order sausage McMuffin without egg for breakfast at MacDonald. Hash browns are a must too!

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586