Friday, April 21, 2023

Seng Kwong Coffee Shop

It was on Monday that we went to this coffee shop in Gold Jade road. Jay has tuition at Pisang road on every Monday and Friday so whenever my man is around on Monday morning, we will make it a 'threesome' breakfast!! Lol.

And we usually either end up in Sin Lian Shin kolo mee in Green road or at Seng Kwong Coffee Shop. That morning, we opted for the latter one as the other coffee shop was pretty packed!


My teh c fix!! I can't do without my tea!! 


The kolo mee (RM5.50) here has an unique taste and texture. Firmer and tougher and a taste of its own. I understand that the food operator is a Chinese Indonesian. He used to operate at a makeshift roadside stall in Green road and my dad is one of his regular customers. Now that my dad no longer operate in Green road, he hardly patronise his kolo mee stall. 

The food operator recognised me, and I ordered and talked to him in Hakka dialect.  That morning, each of us was having his kolo mee and hubby also wanted a bowl of cheng kway chap to go with the noodle. 


Next to the kolo mee stall was the kway chap stall. Small portion of kway chap without kueh for RM7. 


Before we left, we bought this chwee kueh for RM6. RM1.20 each. Yummy and nice steamed rice pudding with chai poh (preserved radish) topping. 


In case you are not familiar with this shop, here is the location. Turn left on 2nd lane after Sin Lian Shin kolo mee row of shop. Just drive straight on, till you see a Sport Toto shop on your right. You will spot this coffee shop after Sport Toto as it is on the next row of shop in Gold Jade road.

4 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The kway chap look really tempting! I grew up drinking tea daily and thought I couldn't live without it...after a few decades of tea drinking, I finally gave it up last year and have started just drinking mineral water with apple cider vinegar.

mun said...

I love to eat chwee kueh especially those that taste mainly of rice and not those mixed with a lot of starch. In kl, only got a few shops selling kway chap, none near me though I like to eat it too. Nice food!

suituapui said...

Gold Jade? I had a girl friend in college who stayed there - don't recall any coffee shops other the ones lined up along Green Road in front. Food sure looks good!

PH said...

I like chwee kueh but now I don't know where to buy it. Don't seem to see any in my office area.