Monday, April 24, 2023

My French milk toast

One morning I made French toast at home. It has been quite sometime I made it and my girl was craving for it, so I made for her and myself last week. The boys had different breakfast, I made luncheon meat sandwich and fried few jumbo chicken sausages for them. 


As for my French toast, I think this time I nail it well. Like how I like it. I watched a YouTube on milk toast not long ago and I thought I added egg to it, to make it French milk toast. I used thick white bread to make this toast. And the verdict!! I love it!! Sweet, slightly buttery, moist and tasty French milk toast!! I could have a lot of it in one go!!


Ingredients:

4 thick white bread slices

Butter

4 small sized egg, beaten well

Fresh milk

Fine sugar


Methods:

1. Beat the eggs well in a bowl. Transfer some into a flatter plate. Soak one bread well on both sides.

2. Heat up some butter in a pan. Spread the butter evenly on the pan, then slowly add in the soaked bread. 

3. Under low heat, let the toast cooked well on the bottom while add about 2-3 tbsp milk on top of the bread. Sprinkle sugar over the milk and spread evenly on the bread. 

4. Turn the bread and let it cook on the other side. Do the same with milk and sugar on the other side of the bread. Once bottom is done, flip the bread and let it cook well before serve onto a plate. Continue with the remaining bread slices.

4 comments:

PH said...

Oh, so that is the secret, to add milk and sugar! I can also eat many slices of your delicious French Milk Toast hee..hee...

suituapui said...

Luncheon meat? What brand do you usually go for?

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks great for the breakfast!

mun said...

Wow! Looks good 👍😋I could have many pieces of it too.