Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Took over

Since the Kueh Chap stall moved out last year we rarely go for breakfast in this food court. By the way, our favourite kueh chap has moved to Petanak area since late last year. 


Anyway, one morning last month, together with my hubby, mil and Jay, we went to the food court for breakfast before dropping Jay off to his tuition. A new cha kueh stall was opened that day so we ordered a small portion of salty version to try. RM5 for small portion. Not bad.


As for the kueh chap stall, new person has took over not long ago. We wanted to try for comparison, so hubby and I shared this bowl for RM10. They had chicken feet on the menu so I ordered that and wanted to give it a taste. 

But really, other than it looked presentable, the taste was totally not to our liking. Not the broth was not nice, the pork was frozen/overnight as my hubby was pretty sensitive when it comes to pork. The taste of frozen pork instead of using fresh pork, totally not his cup of tea.  I also not like the kueh chap. So totally a disappointment for us. No, we didn't finish it as the pork wasn't tasted good. Left more than half of the bowl untouched. 


Since my mil flew over 2 weeks prior to CNY, she has been taking over my kitchen most of the time. Clearing some stuff in freezer to make way for CNY, like the raw oysters that hubby bought last year.  She doesn't take raw food so we had to open up the oysters to take them out and cook them with eggs. An oyster omelette!! Not bad for first time cooking but maybe need to drain the oysters next time as the fluid made the omelette wet. Lol. Anyway, they went into our tummies and no stomachache or diarrhea after that.  


4 comments:

suituapui said...

Oyster omelette? One in my blog tomorrow! The kuih chap looks really good - too bad it was disappointing. Ah yes! I have carrot cake in my post too tomorrow. Famour Sri Aman one, they said. What a coincidence.

Angie's Recipes said...

What is kueh chap? Oyster omelette is something I adore! Wish I could get some quality seafood with reasonable price.

Nux V said...

fresh oysters for cooking omelette, they must be juicy and succulent, yummmm!

mun said...

I prefer the cha kueh to Kueh chap. Wow! Your oysters omelette must be so very tasty with fresh oysters, I would love it! 👍 Yummy yummy!