Friday, February 24, 2023

Curry with carrot and potato


A new recipe I learnt from my mil. Chicken curry with carrot and potato. Yup, carrot added to curry. Not we found commonly in our curries. But I enjoyed the sweetness of carrot in the curry even more. 
 


My mil used this brand of curry powder for her curries. 
She used lots of garlic, shallots, lemongrass, curry leaves  and ginger in this cooking. Give this curry a try. And again, no exact measurement; based on your preferences.

Ingredients:
Garlics, shallot minced
1 star anise
1 -2 cinnamon sticks
2 lemongrass, bruised
Handful of curry leaves
2 - 3 spices of ginger
4 chicken thighs, cut, blanched and drained
4 potatoes, cubed
1 carrot, cut
1 pack of Babas meat curry powder, 25g
Salt to taste
1 pack coconut milk, 200ml
Cooking oil
Water

Methods:
1. In a wok, heat up cooking oil. Then toss in garlic, shallots, ginger, star anise, cinnamon sticks, lemongrass and curry leaves. Saute till fragrant. 
2. Add in curry powder to the wok. Saute for a minute before added in the carrot and potatoes. Mix well and cook for few minutes.
3. Add in the chicken meat and saute for few minutes before added water. 
4. Let it cook till boil. Lower the heat and cover the wok. Let it simmer till meat is cooked and carrot and potatoes are soft. 
5. Add salt to taste. Then coconut milk at last stage, mix well and serve warm. 




5 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Your curry looks very appetizing and I think adding carrots in curry is a great idea.

Nancy Chan said...

I love adding carrot to curries and stews. I am a great fan of carrots and potatoes.

Agnes CF Lee said...

I like carrots, do not mind adding them in my curry..I might want to try to see what others have to comment :D

suituapui said...

Yes, never had carrot in my curry but yes, I think it would be nice. We would add sweet potatoes sometimes but they may turn over-mushy when reheated.

mun said...

Carrots in curry sounds delicious! I would love to eat this curry that you cooked, better still if the chicken is boneless.