Sunday, February 12, 2023

Miscellaneous Pictures #107: backdated

 Some photos taken last month. 

This place was in Poh Kwong Park. I  pass by it every weekday when sending and picking my kids from secondary school. This shot was taken on Monday (16th). Lovely CNY vibes in this neighbourhood shoplot centre.


My dad gave me this pack of mee suah. It was actually from a customer but since he and mum don't take mee suah, he passed to me. 

This type of mee suah is nicer for frying, instead of using in chicken mee suah soup. 

Backdated a bit to earlier January. On New Year day, we went to Small Cat Cafe for breakfast. Jan also followed us for a New Year breakfast. 


She tried the fried noodle from the fried stall but it turned out salty. Indeed a bit too salty for our taste buds. 

We quite enjoyed the chee cheong fun on our first visit, so we were having that. RM7 per plate, we ordered 2 plates to share around with his dim sum. 

The kind taukey also offered us his chai kueh to try. 

Then a week later, we went to Kim Joo for breakfast. Because we missed its noodle and soup. Lol.


We saw a new mural right at the same row with Kim Joo. Can't resist not stopping to take shot of it. 




By the way, in case anyone wondering where has Kolo mee stall from Y. Y. Cafe moved to, it is to this shop in MJC.  The coffee shop has closed and moved to Pines Square but the kolo mee stall remains in MJC. 




9 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I miss chee cheong fun and dimsum! The murals look very interesting. Happy Sunday, Rose!

suituapui said...

I miss Kim Joo. Don't think I can make it all the way to Kuching to eat that anymore. Any idea where the mee sua was made - my post on that tomorrow!

Diana Diane Teo said...

This is the first time I came across of mee suah for frying cause normally my mom cooked in chicken soup type.

Roseline said...

Wow, the fried mee suah looked good and i'm interested to try. Besides, the chee cheung fun and dim sum looked mouth watering too! I will put these in my to-try lists of hunting the great foods.

mun said...

All the food looks good. Is the dried Mee suah salty on its own?

ROMYTISA said...

Is that a chinese noodles?

Rose world said...

Yes

Rose world said...

Mostly. But not sure this one as haven't try it.

Nux V said...

mural that depicts the yesteryear....i remember those wooden sandals and the 'kik kok' sound when walking using those sandals.