Thursday, October 20, 2022

Battery

I bought my current car back in 2019. Got it in January 2019, in time for the Chinese New Year. 

Then 2020 hit us hard with Covid-19 and I hardly drive for most of it and the trend continued to 2021 since kids were stuck at home with online classes. Till we slowly moved to endemic stage this year that I rely on my car heavily. Spend quite substantial amount of time on the road. 

So when it comes to car servicing, I tried not to miss it. The only time I delayed it was back in 2020 due to MCO. Since then, I tried to follow the schedule.  The next servicing was supposed to be last Saturday but I was busy as Jan had curriculum day in school. So I thought of sending my car this Saturday instead. But my car broke down on me on Tuesday!! Yes, right in front of tuition teacher's house when I went to pick Jamie up. 

Called it an intuition, felt my car wasn't in right condition lately. Maybe because mostly I am driving it so I will kind of knowing whether it is alright or not. Anyway, back to my story, I was unable to ignite the engine so first thought was the battery. It is time to change the battery. Thanks to the teacher who helped to send us home that evening and look after my car till I got the mechanic to change on Wednesday morning. I had my neighbour dropped me off at the teacher's house so I could wait for the mechanic. It took few minutes to change and my car was back!! And RM350 was the damage!!



6 comments:

suituapui said...

Oh dear!!! Glad the problem's resolved now.

mun said...

Ya, car battery usually needs to be changed every 2 years.

PH said...

Oh dear! Luckily it broke down at the teacher's house and not in the middle of traffic. Good to know that all is well!

Nancy Chan said...

Good that it is only the battery that needed to be changed. Yes, the one who does the driving will somehow know or sense that there is something wrong with the car.

Nux V said...

phew....i hate all these troubles, glad that it is jst battery issue.

Reanaclaire said...

Normal car battery lasts around two years... Just hope that we are not stranded in the highway when our car break down..