Saturday, May 1, 2021

Staying at home

The kids are back to staying at home since schools and educational institutions were requested to close for 2 weeks last month. Look like that thing is not turning better anytime soon, so they wouldn't be able to return to school next Tuesday (4 May). Some more Sarawak government has issued statement on Wednesday that all schools in Sarawak's red zones to remain close till 13 June. 

After many years, finally UPSR is abolished. No UPSR for Jay as well as Jan who is sitting for PT3, which is cancelled this year. Mixed reaction from parents, teachers and students alike. 

Online tuition is conducted at home for the boys since tuition either in centre or home is not allowed to be conducted for past 2 weeks.  So weekdays are busy days for everyone including me as I need to teach and guide the kids on their homeworks.

Most of the days I would cook at home or if time is not permitted, then I will order food delivery. 

Everyone are more relaxed on weekends where there are no schools and tuition. Other than hubby and I gone out for breakfast, we stay at home more. Weather is so warm lately and the Covid-19 cases keep going up and up. 

This was our homecooked lunch on the last Sunday of the month. 


I was clearing whatever leftover from CNY and I had this last pack of instant jellyfish that I got from my mum. So I made it that day so we could finished it up. 


We had handmade noodle for breakfast in  this coffee shop and after that we bought this roasted pork belly from one of the stalls there for RM10. 

Hubby wanted stir fried kangkung with pig's blood cubes, which I learnt to cook from my MIL last year. 


One of fishes from hubby's recent fishing trip. Snapper, which I steamed with some ginger, garlic, tomato, spring onion and sour plum. Very sweet and tasty. 


Which one do you like the most?? For me, I like fish. Prefer it than other meat but the hassle of cleaning is not my favourite part. Lol. Hubby knew that so he usually will request and pay people to clean for us on the boat before keep the fishes in ice box. He also learn to clean fishes so he will help me out in doing so. All I need to do was to pack and put in freezer once he was back from his trip. 

8 comments:

suituapui said...

Oooo...pig's blood!!! I want!!! LOL!!!

suituapui said...

I often clean fish myself - the ones I buy frozen from the shop near my house, not cleaned!!! But they are fresh and nice ( and a bit more expensive). Otherwise, usually I will ask the seller to do it for me.

Nancy Chan said...

I love fish but I too do not like to clean the fish. The spike in infected cases is scary and don't know when the virus will go away. It has disrupted every part of our lives. Take care and stay safe.

Iwona said...

I love fish :)

mun said...

Of course it is the fish. 😋😋😋

Nux V said...

homecooked dishes! yummzz!

Reanaclaire said...

All homecooked food is good!! This is really a well balanced meal...

Libby said...

Hi rose, greetings from SG, the thing about SG they keep importing cases from the curry country which has 300,000 cases daily. We all know whose fault it is. Stop saying we never do this and that, not wearing our masks properly etc. It is the minority who doesn't comply but it is the imports from that country and place in particular which got us into such state again! I am sure i can do without "fried pancakes" and curry for the next year.

You and your family stay safe and stay healthy, wonder when we can get out of this thing.

I prefer steamed fish than fried fish, yums!