Thursday, May 19, 2022

What's in there?


Yi Zin Cake House has been around in Poh Kwong Park commercial area for as long as I could remember it. We never patronised there but heard many commented on its good bakes especially butter buns. 

Just recently that hubby and I dropped by twice when we passed by the area to kids' school, both occasion to buy its acclaimed butter milk buns.  First time, hubby went down to buy while I drove the car. Second round, I went down while he drove the car. 

Other buns are available too, next round for them. For now, we are in love with its addictive, tasty garlic bread and butter milk bun. 


Hubby's favourite garlic bread from this bakery. Definitely longer and tastier than what we could get from other bakeries. 
Garlic bread

6 mini butter milk buns in a pack. RM5 per pack. We bought 2 packs, so the kids could bring some to schools. 
Mini butter bun

Very buttery and fragrant filling. The bun was soft and so good, I could have 3 in one go!!



I wasn't sure the exact price as I didn't really checked on the price tag. For 1 garlic buns and 2 packs of butter milk buns (12), it was RM12.60. If my calculation was right, it should be RM4.80 per pack for 6 butter milk bun and RM3.00 for 1 garlic bread. Next time when I drop by again, I will notice on the individual pricing. 


On our latest visit (on Monday), my mil went down to buy mini butter bun but unfortunately it was sold out. 



2 bakings per day (as stated on their notice), and it was selling like hot cakes! She ended up buying 3 red bean buns and these mini coconut buns. 6 coconut buns per pack. 
Red bean bun

A generous filling of red bean paste in the soft bun, which my mil enjoyed very much.

Mini coconut buns

Other than butter buns, I love coconut buns as well. These coconut buns (RM4.40 for 6) were so soft and tasty. I liked them!! I took 3, my mil took 3 as well. 


More trips to this bakery as I foresee!!!

(Up to date, I have patronised this bakery 4 times this month!! Their bakes are really good!)

8 comments:

PH said...

I can see that you really, really love the buns from this bakery. I also enjoy buns and can eat many, many. LOL!

Nux V said...

the buns look fresh and fluffy! i hope there is such good bakery over here...

suituapui said...

We have a lot of these old school deliveries - they deliver to our neighbourhood shops for sale. Their bread and buns are ok - love the cupcakes from one of them, almost as nice as Taka's...and so much cheaper!

suituapui said...

I did blog about them here:
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2019/08/26/the-simple-things/

Angie's Recipes said...

I love all sorts of buns they offer! So soft and yum.

mun said...

I like to visit bakery like this one. I wouldn't be able to stop myself and would buy so many buns. I like the mini butter buns, look like very tasty!

DUTA said...

Butter turns any pastry into a delicious one.

The Yum List said...

I'm such a carb addict. It's best if I don't enter bakeries.