Sunday, May 8, 2022

Just started

Today is Sunday and it is also Mother's Day. Wishing every mothers "Happy Mother's Day".


I got this carnation from Jan yesterday. She had a gathering with few friends in a friend's house. The friend's mum happened to be a florist cum hamper maker so she gave out carnation to the kids who came to her house to rehearse on one school project. 

The 1-week school holiday has come to the end; kids are back to school tomorrow. When the holiday was just started, the kids were very happy to take a break from schools (the mum as well) while hubby took the remaining days leave to spend time with us before going for fishing trip from 6 to 8 May. It was a nice break for everyone. 

Thanks to my mil who has been helping me to cook lunch, so I did not need to rush in the kitchen while sending and picking the kids. Glad to have an extra helping hand around the house.

Only when hubby is around, then I would have the excuse to dine out with him. Sometimes my mil and Jay would follow but most of the time, it would be only me and hubby. Even on weekend, the kids and mil rarely want to go out unless necessary. 

Like for instance, last Saturday it was only me and hubby. We went out pretty late that morning, after 8am.  Jan and Jay had Red Cresent online meeting at 9am, so they took some packed croissants before the meeting. 

Hubby and I went to Xing Xing Wang Cafe in Stapok road. As expected the place was crowded but we managed to find a vacant table. It was the last day for MySejahtera scanning before 1 May. Anyway, I diligently scanning for both of us before entering the premises.



Kueh chap was our breakfast choice. Hubby usually goes for the American breakfast like what he had few days prior but that Saturday morning he opted for mixed Kueh Chap with the kueh while he ordered lean meat, pork belly, pig's ear and beancurd with kueh for my bowl. And a bowl of yue tiaw to go with our Kueh Chap. We never tasted yue tiaw in Kueh Chap before, as we don't remember any places serving with yue tiaw. So, it was a good first taste of yue tiaw in our broth. The salty broth was absorbed by the fried yue tiaw, which was actually good. 

7 comments:

suituapui said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sigh!!! Back to school again, so fast! Yue tiao in kway chap? Here, we only have that in bak kut Teh...and let tao suan!

Nux V said...

you tiao in kueh chap is something new to me too....Usually have that in Bak kut teh, hmmm....maybe next i should try!

Angie's Recipes said...

Happy Mother's Day, Rose. I too love pork belly and pig's ear!

Reanaclaire said...

Wow.. at least you get a carnation, flowers are always costly during Mother's Day... So far, I have not tried kueh chap before, the next time I go Penang, I make it a point to try it...

mun said...

Happy belated mother's day to you! Good food, good bonding. 👍

Nancy Chan said...

I am wondering whether kway chap is the same as bak kut teh...

Rose world said...

Slightly different in taste. Both are herbal pork broth. Like bit, there also strong, and mild kway chap broth, depends on your preference.