Thursday, June 9, 2022

If you don't know me by now

I love eating fish! Since I was very small, I love fish!! 

Let me share with you my most embarrassing moment. Actually not so embarrassing since I can't remember it well. But I thought it was rather funny. 

My parents always told me this story when I was very young. Happened when I was a young child, not yet went to kindergarden. One time, they caught me nibbling on raw fish in the fridge!! Yuk!!! They didn't said how much I had eaten but since I didn't have stomachache or side effect, I was doing fine. So now you know, how much I love fish!! 

So my parents ranting to my then-boyfriend (now, hubby) on how I grow up eating fish. And this embarrassing story will come to the surface. Oh well, since I did it, I guess I just need to accept it. Lol. And luckily, my hubby likes fishing. He always said he is into fishing for his wife!!! He took up this sports few years ago. Most his fishing rods, Reels and fishing gears  were bought online. He spent a lot of these tools and you know how much they cost!!


My man is back to his overnight fishing trips. His first trip was early in May. 3 days 2 nights trip to deep sea. 

Expecting him to catch mackerels that time but no sight of mackerels at all. My MIL wanted to make fish balls out of mackerels but alas, another time for that!! Instead, he caught other fishes home, not fully filling up his ice box. Not much catches but still quite a lot for us to enjoy after gave away few to my parents and sis.


We bought all the fishes (around 21 of them) to a fishmonger stall in Desa Wira to help us clean and descale and gut them. For a fee of course. Hubby gave the fishmonger RM50 for his service. 

My mil loves to cook sweet & sour fishes. We had this dish with different fishes few times.


Most of the sea fishes are great to steam. Healthy and tasty cooking method to enjoy the freshness of the fishes. Other can be deep fried or grilled, and my mil did tried making fish balls out of a big fish (last fish on a chopping board in the 2nd photo above). Remaining, fillet it and deep fried which the kids enjoyed. She also used the same fish to make curry fish. The fish tasted similar to mackerel but stronger fish smell. So, curry or asam curry a better way to deal with its strong taste.


My man will be going for his fishing trip once a month (as long as weather permit). So, we are expecting more fresh sea fishes from him in the coming months.

5 comments:

suituapui said...

Lucky you! I do enjoy eating fish a lot but they are so expensive. Will spend a few hundred ringgit each time l visit my favourite stall

Angie's Recipes said...

Nothing wrong with raw fish if they are fresh. I too love fish and seafood.

mun said...

Ah, shows you know how to enjoy sashimi at a very young age! Good! Very fresh fish, straight from fishing. So nice of your husband to make fishing his hobby to get fresh fish! You will have plenty of fresh fish! Tasty fish dishes from your mil. Yummy!

Nux V said...

good that u have a husband who enjoys fishing. You can have fresh fish supply!

PH said...

Lucky you! You love fish and your husband's hobby is fishing. So you get fresh fish caught by him. LOL! on the story of you eating raw fish from the fridge as a child. That was your first sashimi experience!