Friday, October 29, 2021

Egg tofu

If you like egg tofu, then my guess is that you would enjoy this dish.



This appetizing and tasty dish is simple and do not require much in preparation and cooking. And the result is a delicious egg tofu with minced pork gravy that goes so well with rice!!


Ingredients:

1 tub of egg tofu, cut and seasoned with salt, pepper and evenly coated with cornflour 

About 200g minced pork, seasoned with salt, pepper, oyster sauce and Chinese wine 

Some carrot strips

1 shitake mushroom, soak and cut into strips 

1 beaten egg

1 tsp Light soy sauce 

1 tsp oyster sauce

1 tsp cooking wine 

Salt and pepper to taste

Spring onions for garnish 


Methods :

1. In a pan, pan fry the egg tofu till golden brown on all sides. Dish out and arrange on a serving plate.

2. With same pan, add in about 2 tbsp cooking oil. Once hot, add in the pork mixture. Break the meat and cook till change colour before add in the carrot, mushroom, sauce and seasoning. Add in the beaten egg, stir and mix well. Add some water if too dry. Simmer till cook.

3. Pour the pork gravy on top of the egg tofu. Garnish with spring onion.  Serve warm. 










6 comments:

suituapui said...

That looks good!!! I think I will enjoy it. Add crab meat, that sure will bring the taste to a whole new level!

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks really appetizing!

PH said...

Very nice and simple dish. I will try it. So far I have never pan fried egg tofu because I am scared it will break. LOL!

mun said...

I love to eat egg tofu and I will definitely enjoy your home cooked dish. Looks so delicious! 😋😋😋

Nux V said...

yea....nice and homely dish! i can have bowls of rice with it!

Reanaclaire said...

Yummy, I think I try that one day with white tofu... I like the egg gravy...