Friday, October 15, 2021

3-minutes yee mee

On our monthly grocery shopping last Saturday, I bought 2 packs of this instant noodle (RM4.50) home. Seafood Tom Yum Yee Mee. That looked tempting, don't you think??



Who is this Pak Chan (old Mr Chan), I don't know but it has been his recipe since 1941 so I guess it would not taste that bad. Only RM4.50 per pack, so even it is otherwise, it would not be much of a disappointment.
Fonts too small for my eyes now. What to do, old lady so could not read the small fonts most of the times now.


I tried it out this morning. Once I unwrapped it, there was 3 packets of seasoning in it. The noodle was well packed in the plastic holder.


The instruction called for 3-minutes of boiling, so I boiled my noodle for 3 minutes before off the heat and added the seasonings.


Mixed well, and the smell of tom yum lingered in the air!! I also made myself a poached egg. Not so successful as you could see from the egg white but the yolk was nice and soft which I liked!


Added the Jakar fish balls and lettuces, my Yee Mee was ready. Very sourish and spicy, I hardly could handle and finish my noodle. Overall, it was nice, and for those who loves strong tom yum flavour, this is for you!!






7 comments:

suituapui said...

RM4.50 for instant noodle is very expensive and have to add one's own toppings some more. Cheaper to go and eat something outside, freshly cooked...with added ingredients. I will think twice about buying and giving it a try.

Angie's Recipes said...

It does look very delicious!

Nancy Chan said...

Tom yum yee mee sounds interesting and I would be tempted to try too. That day I tried the Penang white curry instant noodle and both hubby and I didn't like it.

Nux V said...

yes, this is definitely for me coz i like tom yum!

suituapui said...

Tom yam, I like the MAMA brand, made in Thailand. Dunno the price though - the ladies in the house would buy and I just eat. LOL!!!
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2020/02/24/flashback/

mun said...

Wow! I didn't know that there are instant yee Mee. Definitely would love to try it.

MARY JAMES said...

One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr Otonokpo to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr Otonokpo because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr Otonokpo on his Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com, call/whatsapp him via his contact +2348114129781 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr Otonokpo for your great work.