Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Simple and easy

Soft tofu. Who love it?? 

My man currently crazy about anything tofu and he recently bought a pack of miso paste from online shopping site. 


So over the weekend, he prepared miso soup for lunch and dinner. 


Simple and easy, just boiled a pot of water then added the miso paste and ingredients (soft tofu and seaweed) once boiled. Let it simmer and a tasty miso soup is ready!! 

Second dish that I wanted to share with you is this mince pork with soft tofu. Very flavourful dish. 


Ingredients:
Soft tofu, cut into cubes
Minced pork, marinated with oyster sauce, pepper, light soy sauce, sesame oil
Garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp taucheo/salted soya bean
Cornstarch - 1/2 tbsp cornstarch with 1 tbsp water
Chopped spring onion/celery leaves

A: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil

Methods:
1. Heat up cooking oil in pan. Add in garlic, and taucheo, stir fry for few seconds.
2. Add marinated meat and saute until no longer pink. Break the meat to bits.
3. Add in seasoning A. Bring to simmer.
4. Gently add soft tofu, avoid breaking it. Simmer for 3 minutes before add in cornstarch mix. Cook for a minute then dish out. Garnish with spring onion or celery leaves. 

7 comments:

mun said...

Your tofu dish and his miso tofu seaweed soup are both tasty looking. I like to eat these soft tofu.

suituapui said...

Not really into miso soup. My girl loves it but so far she has never bought any to try and cook her own.

Nux V said...

I have this pack of miso soup at home. I mixed them with rice and added water to get a soupy bowl of rice. Just had that for yesterday lunch.

Reanaclaire said...

I just took kimchi taufoo soup last night! My son loves kimchi and he made his own now so he gave me a tub to try... yes, I like it!

Anonymous said...

Add in miso after the soup is ready. Do not boil miso as the taste of miso will change when boiled.

Rose world said...

Thank you for the cooking tip. Will do so next round.

Libby said...

Me me me! I like soft tofu too, it is easy and tasty to eat. Both your tofu soup and minced meat tofu look yummy! So comforting to eat them.