Thursday, April 16, 2020

Recommended

Day 12

It was drizzle in the morning. After early morning grocery shopping in CS Mart, MJC around 8am, we drove to the back lane of the supermarket to head home. But my hubby saw this corner coffee shop, You & Tea and wondered what they had. 

A friend recommended this place before for its nice fried noodle and curry rice but I had never been here. So it was a chance to peek at what it sold that morning. 


Hubby went out to order breakfast while I stayed in the car. 

A young man mending the noodle stall. Kampua and kolo mee stall. They also had fried noodle that morning. 

After quite sometime, we went home with our breakfast. Kampua noodle and liver soup. 


Plain white and soy sauce kampua to choose from. The kampua tasted good enough, authentic Foochow kampua, according to my man. 


As yours truly doesn't fancy kampua, my man also bought 2 packs of fried kway teow. Jan and I took the kway teow. Could detect the wok hei of the noodle. Nicely fried, we liked it. 


Day 13

Around 8am, hubby and I went to check out on this food court in Stapok. Dai Pai Dong.


It used to be this place before it revamped and turned into a road side food court. We had never been here but it looked like to enjoy brisk business in the evening. 

It happened the same friend (who told me about You & Tea) posted on this place and its food promotion. So, that was how we ended up here on a Monday morning to check it out. 


That morning, not many stalls were opened. Only kolo mee, Sarawak laksa, fried banana stall and this ready packed food counter were operating. 

Let's check out what we bought from here. The surprise finding has got to be Hakka long beans and dried prawns rice. I didn't see anyone selling this. Used to eat that when my mum made it. 

Hakka chai kueh, RM7

Hakka long beans and dried prawns rice
RM10


Nasi lemak, RM10

Nasi lemak, RM10

Curry chicken rice (RM10) 

We bought a lot from Dai Pai Dong. That were our breakfast and lunch on Day 13.


Two places that we had never been to before and discovered interesting food during the MCO. Thanks to my friend for recommending them. 

14 comments:

suituapui said...

Your friend sure knows all the nice places to eat. Kampua does look authentic, ckt looks good!

suituapui said...

I always miss out on all these nice places as I do not have transport to get around when in Kuching, could only check out those places at the city centre, near the hotel. :(

mun said...

Wah, both of you still go out together in one car? the mco rules over there is different from here? here, only one person in one car is allowed. sometimes people drive one car each to go out together bending the rules.

Nux V said...

the nasi lemak got fried meehoon all in one box? first time I m seeing such combo, but it's nice to have 2 types of food in a box! like buffet style!

Rose world said...

Dont remember when 1 person per one car rule applies but in mid of Phase 1 I think. Now I dont go out. My car been used by my man as his car broke down. Anything, my man goes to shopping while I stay at hoke.

Twilight Man said...

Liver soup? I love liver and this is very new to me. There's so much nice and different hawker food in your place.

Yeah I was wondering like Mun how you both could go out ronda-ronda safely? Probably your area is still very safe 😊😊👍👍

Sharon D. said...

Just reading your post is making me hungry, Rose xx
Yummy food selection!

PH said...

All the food look so good! I miss fried koay teow.

mun said...

oic.

Libby said...

Nasi lemak and kampua noodles for me.

Reanaclaire said...

Wow, that is a lot of food! I love most of them, kampua noodles, the hakka cha kueh.. yummy!!

Ezvina said...

Long time already did had any char kuey teow, I miss it.

Nancy Chan said...

Over here, only 1 person is permitted to drive out to buy essentials. If more than 1, a summon will be issued or might get arrested.

Merryn said...

I have not gone out of my house since the eve of MCO as only one person is allowed to go out and it is always my hubby. I dont even remember how the outside world looks like now *sweat*