Friday, April 24, 2020

More to come

It was Day 26. A Sunday. Easter Sunday. Woke up later than usual.

There was leftover chicken soup from dinner so I used it up for mee suah soup. That was our breakfast. 

Mee suah chicken soup

As for lunch, we had food delivery. This was our 2nd food delivery order. I expected more to come as I lost idea on what to cook. And kids started to complain on how much they missed this and that. Oh well, this mummy doesn't know how to cook everything that they want so we opt for food delivery instead. 



Ah Seng Hainanese chicken rice in Big Thumb Cafe. We ordered through FoodPanda. In less than 30 minutes the food was delivered to our gate. 

Steamed + fried chicken rice RM8.50

It was about time to enjoy a warm pack of chicken rice as it has been quite sometime since we ate Hainanese chicken rice. We do miss our usual chicken rice shop. 

Chilli dipping

That day I also placed a 2nd delivery order but not on food. It was on contact lenses. My disposable lenses ran out in few days time, so I ordered from an optical shop. Paid through internet banking and they delivered my contact lenses and solution the next day by Grab express. 


For Day 27 lunch, I ordered food delivery from FoodPanda as well. This time, we had Sugarbun's well known broasted chicken rice and nasi lemak classic.


In 30 minutes we got our warm lunch well packed in Sugarbun's disposable paper boxes. 


Support the local food industry by ordering and have the food delivered or self pick up!!! 

Life is pretty convenient with all the delivery services. No need to go out from my house. Some more hubby's car broke down few weeks ago. Cannot start. Need to wait for this MCO to be over to be able to call and get the car serviced. So for time being, hubby uses my car to go to work. He also did all the shopping whever he went to work. Tried to reduce the frequency of going out during this time. 


10 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to read about your night's car. Glad you have a second one to share. But Thumb Cafe. That's a fun name.

suituapui said...

I think the workshop people are open. Ah well!!! You can always get your dad to go over to your house to fix the car, not a problem at all. Probably needs a new battery - they do not last very long these days, once the year is up, they happily call it a day.

mun said...

Ya, better lessen the trips to go out because once home, need to sanitize everything including oneself. Don't want to bring back some unwanted things. Good that it is convenient to get items and food delivered directly to door step. There are plans to test delivery personnel. It would be good if they can be tested too or the general population be tested too.

Twilight Man said...

This MCO has created many hungry people. We started to develop cravings for all sorts of food.

The food was delivered to your gate in 30 minutes is much faster than we cook something in the kitchen.

I have been hoping that car workshops and air cond services should be allowed to operate. They are necessary nowadays.

Nux V said...

I haven't try Sugar Bun before...Food delivery is so convenient these days, no need for long wait coz no traffic jam...But today is first day of Ramadan, so I m not sure if the restaurant kitchen got jam or not (with surge of food orders)!

PH said...

I have been getting food delivery too. Sometimes just tired of cooking. Very susah if anything breaks down during MCO.

Nancy Chan said...

I have been thinking of chicken rice. Maybe one of these days, I will get hubby to buy for dinner. I like fried chicken too.

The Yum List said...

I love those type of meals that throw together leftovers.

Iwona said...

So delicious food :)

Libby said...

The sugarbun fried chicken looks so yum! Car workshops are not opened? I thought they are essential services?