Sunday, April 5, 2020

Elsewhere

On day 8, hubby was working but shorter working hours. After Day 8, he stayed at home till 31 March. 



After he was off from work around 4pm, he went to Everrise, Green Heights Mall to buy some pork supply. We didn't bought any the previous day in the wet market, so hubby volunteered to go to Everrise to buy them. 


However it was a very long queue as the supermarket implemented control on numbers of customers in the premises. Elsewhere was the same. Banks, supermarkets, pharmacies; more stringent controls now. 

I went to a nearby supermarket the other day and every customers need to wash their hands before allowed in the outlet. One member per household is allowed to enter and shop. 

Hubby not only bought his supply of pork products in Everrise, he also bought some packs of sushi back. We love sushi, and Everrise has a nice selection of sushi. 


We ate the sushi and our dinner started late that day. If I knew he bought sushi home, I wouldn't have cooked so much. But I heated up the leftover beef curry and fried chicken wings the next day for lunch. 


14 comments:

ahmed said...



ارقام شركات نقل عفش
شركات نقل عفش بتبوك
شركة نقل اثاث بتبوك
شركة نقل الاثاث بتبوك
شركة نظافة ونقل عفش بتبوك
شركة نقل وتخزين الاثاث بتبوك

suituapui said...

Green Heights? That's where the coffee shop is located. The laksa stall is closed, couple tested positive, they say. The church where a cluster started is right next door. Scary!

mun said...

wow! that is a long q. Must be a nice surprise for you to see those sushi!

The Yum List said...

I do love sushi too. Great snack.

Ezvina said...

Ohhh how I miss eating sushi.

PH said...

I miss sushi. Must go and eat after the MCO. Hopefully MCO ends on schedule and no extension.

Nancy Chan said...

We too need to queue to enter most of the shops. Some longer queue, some shorter queue. Rose, I tried your steamed chocolate cake and I found that you didn't mentioned the quantity of hot water. Since I already mixed all the ingredient, I just estimated the amount. It turned out quite ok but the centre abit moist.

Reanaclaire said...

Since the MCO, I have never step in to the grocery in the malls... I just drive to my residential mini wet market, just three minutes from my house... tomorrow I have to go marketing again for greens...

Nux V said...

long queue.....but I miss sushi very much! nice dishes u had...got beef curry and fried chicken! yummm!

Rose world said...

No exact measurement for water. I startes with half cup. Then a bit by bit to reach a smoother batter. Not too dry or too watery.

Twilight Man said...

I always love to see the trays of assorted sushis on sale. Their petite sizes and colours are very appetizing.

The Distance Control is quite good there. Stay safe!

Libby said...

I think i will start to miss sushi soon. Since now only allow takeaways and delivery,i don't think i will go all the way out just to dabao sushi back to eat. Wow curry and friec chicken yums! That is steam egg right? Another of my favourite.

IreneC said...

Your steamed egg is very smooth and nice! Love this!

The Happy Whisk said...

I like the washing hands before. I usually wear cloth gloves when I shop but I did this before covid. I did it because sometimes things in stores make my hands itchy.

Curry is newish to me. I started using a no-salt curry spice mix from the coop. I had some from the super market but the coop one wow, what a combo of yum. Love it.

So I've been making lots of soups with the spices.

Happy Eating! Cheers and boogie boogie, Ivy