Wednesday, August 24, 2022

He loves


My man would send food or place photos via WhatsApp to our family group almost every day.  A kind of communication, to tell us he is doing alright in Sri Aman. 

Most of the times, we only send messages and photos in WhatsApp, hardly call as everyone is busy with own stuff. He is with works while I guiding the fort, busy with daily chores and kids' schooling.


One of the food that he loves in Sri Aman was this sotong kangkong. He bought home few times in the past from this place.  It was nice, I liked it but somehow I developed allergy towards sotong not long ago. Not a bad reaction; just few itchy bumps on my arms but it was a surprise as I never had such problem when eating sotong in the past. 


Since he knew I have allergic reaction, instead he brought home this fruit rojak from the same stall for me.


Delectable as well. Love the generous amount of crushed peanuts. 

Even hubby's friends love the rojak as well as the sotong kangkong that some days, he would tapau back for them to enjoy on Friday evening.
 

7 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

What is sotong? I love that layer of peanut topping too.

Rose world said...

Squid

suituapui said...

I've developed some allergies lately - no sotong, no prawns, no crabs...all my favourites, even some kinds of fish. So sad, my life now...cannot eat this, cannot eat that! Sobsssss!!!!

PH said...

The sotong kangkong looks pretty good and it is one of my favorites. Can't blame your man for loving it.

Nancy Chan said...

We love both the sotong kangkong and rojak. Love the generous peanut topping.

Nux V said...

i like both sotong kangkong and rojak with lotsa crushed peanuts! i can finish the whole plate alone without sharing.

mun said...

Good to keep in touch via photos in wataps. Sometimes allergies could be due to medications that one is taking. when my spouse was taking medication prescribed to him by doctors, he got an allergy to seafood. Later when he has completed the course of the medication and after a few months to allow the medication to be cleared from his system, he can eat seafood again.