Since my MiL made Maggi goreng for the family during her last stay, the kids especially Jan has been requesting for it quite frequently.
It was simple and easy to cook. Just need to boil the instant noodle, and then cook with vegetable, meat, egg and the Maggi curry seasoning, and we got ourselves a nice Maggi goreng. We no longer go to mamak for it!
I will cook it at least once a week for breakfast and sometimes, Jan and Jay will bring it in their school snack boxes.
I used 2 packs of Maggi curry instant noodle and 2 Lee Fah instant noodle for this recipe. I like to mix the noodles, not all use the Maggi noodle. Fit for 3 - 4 persons.
4 instant noodles
1 Maggi curry seasoning (seasoning pack in the Maggi curry instant noodle)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, sliced
Bok choi, sliced (or any leafy vegetable)
Chicken strips, seasoned with salt, pepper and light soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten
Water for boiling
1. In a pot, boil some water. Once boiled, add a tsp if salt and then 4 packs of instant noodles. Cook and drain. Add some cooking oil to the drained noodle and stir well, leave aside
2. In a wok or pan, heat up about 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil. Toss in garlic and shallot and saute till fragrant.
3. Add in the chicken strips and cook till change colour. Then add vegetable and stir well.
4. Toss in the noodle and mix well before add in the Maggi curry seasoning and mix well. If you like it spicier, add 1 more pack.
5. Lastly, add in the egg and mix all the noodles well. Serve immediately!