Saturday, April 30, 2022

Her favourite

We had an early birthday lunch for Jan last Sunday after church. Since her actual day fell on a Thursday, we decided to do it earlier when everyone was around on the weekend. 


When asked what she liked for lunch, she went for her favourite cuisine, namely Japanese!! Our venue was Zu Sakuraitei in Jalan Tun Jugah. Our previous visit was on Mother's Day few years ago. 


My 16 years old girl opted for her favourite unagi don. Her grandma also had the same dish. Both unagi don were served first. 


I also had fish for my lunch but I went for salmon teriyaki bento. 


The boys had ramen. Jay chosen spicy chicken ramen, which I didn't managed to snap but it was slightly spicy, according to him. Anyhow he finished the whole bowl. Jamie had the non spicy version, the chicken teriyaki ramen. He finished most of the ramen and few bites of the chicken, while we took care of the rest in the bowl. 


Hubby didn't ordered any set for himself. A bit of this and that for him and he was full. Chawanmushi and this sushi platter for sharing around the table. 


Our delightful lunch was RM264 plus drinks. 


After our lunch, we went to get her a birthday present. For her sweet 16, her grandma and aunt sponsored and bought her a new notebook!! RM2788 for this ASUS notebook. 


Kids!! How lucky they are!!! They get expensive present on their special days!! When I was small, I would be crying with joy and be contented when my parents bought me a birthday cake to celebrate on my birthday!! 😅Notebook was my mil's idea as she knew my girl complained on her old, slow notebook. So, she and my SIL decided to buy Jan a new notebook!! If you want to know what was Jan's biggest present, it was on her 9th birthday!!




4 comments:

suituapui said...

Ooo...Japanese! Unagi!!! I love that!

Angie's Recipes said...

That looks like a really good meal to celebrate the birthday!

mun said...

A very good idea to have the celebration 🥳🎉 earlier when everyone is around. What a lovely meal. I like both unagi and salmon. Excellent choices!

Nancy Chan said...

Wah! I am sure Jan loves her expensive gift the most as it will also help her in her studies. Our young generation is really blessed. Now she won't be complaining about the slow notebook. Happy birthday to Jan!