Saturday, September 4, 2021

Just the two of us

It was 21st August, a Saturday. Hubby wanted to get new bed and mattress for mum-in-laws, we are getting ready her room. So we went to Vivacity Megamall around 10am to hunt for the bed. 

It has been almost 2 years since our last visit to this mall. Anyway, it was just the two of us as we don't dare to bring the kids along. Furthermore they aren't vaccinated yet, and they themselves weren't do keen to go out anymore. They rather cooped at home. As hubby and I stepped into the premises from the basement, we were to show our digital certificate and did the scanning and temperature check, then they allowed us to enter. 

We spent almost 2 hours there, scouting from one furniture shop to another bedding shop before we finally decided on getting this bed set.


Super single mattress and an extra single mattress with bed frame and 2 pillows. The single mattress can be slid underneath so it is an extra bed. The availability and transportation will be in next 2 months. No hurry, since my MIL isn't coming over anytime soon.

After all the walking, we were super tired and hungry. So we stopped by this outlet at basement for our lunch. No one other than few Grab riders waiting for orders. 



We ordered our lunch. Hubby was messaging his sis, told her on the new bed. Oh yes, I also got myself a new walking shoes from Sports Direct store. Hubby insisted, so I treated it as another birthday present from him. Lol.


What did we had for lunch? Sakae Teishoku for RM26.88, hubby had white rice instead of garlic rice to go with it.

Grilled scallop, which I found it rather salty, breaded chicken cutlet with Japanese curry served with miso soup and chawanmushi. The chawanmushi was served later so it was not in the photo.


I had salmon and yakitori (RM27.88), which consisted of salmon teriyaki, chicken skewer, omelette and assorted fruits.



There wasn't a single customer other than us, and few Grab riders. Pitiful sight. 


12 comments:

suituapui said...

They say Sakae Sushi is nicer than Sushi King or Sushi Mentai, the two franchises that we have here but I've never been.

Stuck at home day in day out, I keep thinking of doing this and that e.g. refurbishing to get rid of the old furniture and getting new ones, do something about the extra room (right now, my wife dumps everything in it so it is a store room, more or less)...but when I think of strangers coming into the house, I changed my mind instantly. Just let things be - nobody is dropping by, anyway. Yes, I think I'm paranoid now! Sobsss!!!

Twilight Man said...

The single bed is very practical with the extra mattress below. I also have that at home and suitable for visiting guests. I am surprised they will take 2 months to deliver.

Sports Direct is my favourite shop to hunt for running shoes and gears. So cheap too.

Angie's Recipes said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out with your hubby :-)

mun said...

A very nice day out! Good that can find a suitable bed and mattress. Together with your shoes and the lunch dine in, it was indeed a very fruitful day at the mall. 👍 Have a good weekend!

Libby said...

I have a bed like that too last time in my old house. Looks like a fruitful day out with your hubby plus the shoes loot and lunch. I just had Sakae sushi meal last night too, mine was ten don. Post on it coming soon. Business used to very very good for Sakae Sushi when they first started out.

Libby said...

*used to be

Diana Diane Teo said...

I miss Vivacity Megallmall, one of the malls I always went with my family when I went back Kuching. I hope all the tenants there can survive during this pandemic.

So nice of your husband got your a walking shoes. That's so sweet of him. Talking about Sakae Sushi, we don't have them here in KK.

Libby said...

At first when I saw the bed picture and the post title just the two of us, I thought both of you went for a staycation lol.

Nux V said...

good that no one is dining in at the outlet...u both can enjoy the meal without worrying of the crowds. In FB, i see a post where some people flocking the malls in Klang Valley with kids....with crowds in restaurants somemore ....scary~~~

Nancy Chan said...

Looks like those vaccinated won't be allowed to enter shopping malls. Extra mattress very convenient when you have guest in your house. I guess people are choosing to stay home instead of dining in the restaurants. Many businesses are affected.

PH said...

How nice that you have dined out and you and hubby had the whole restaurant to yourselves. LOL!

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586