Monday, September 13, 2021

How was the taste

It was a Saturday. I did not go anywhere other than tapau breakfast early in the morning, so I cooked lunch and dinner at home. 

Now I saved more time in kitchen by whipping more or bigger portion for lunch so I do not need to cook much for dinner. Dishes are more or less the same for both meals.

Hubby bought a pack of petai (stinky beans). It was already peeled so only the beans. I never had cooking experience with petai in the past so not too sure what to do with it.


Anyway, I used this prawn sambal that I had in the fridge to go with it. Just slices some garlic, big onion, and my petai dish was ready. When I asked how was the taste, he said it was alright. I thought the petai was still on raw side, could taste the heat but somehow he was fine with it. The sambal udang was on spicy side, so covered some of the petai taste.


Other dish that I whipped up was this steamed Japanese cold pressed tofu. Served with minced meat topping.


Stir fried kangkong with garlic was my favourite. I rarely cooked with belacan as this was heathier version of the vegetable.

Another favourite on the table was fried chicken wings. Marinade would not be the same all the time so no one will get bored of it. That day, I used Kentucky curry flavour powder for my meat. It gave that more golden look as well.



9 comments:

suituapui said...

You mean you cook lunch AND dinner? Oh dear!!! We usually cook enough for lunch AND dinner. Come dinnertime, we just heat up the dishes and eat. We would add something if we do not have much left from lunch.

Sometimes, when I tapao something for breakfast and we are still full come lunchtime, we would skip lunch and cook something later for dinner. This way, we would not be stuck in the kitchen all day long.

Rose world said...

Ooopps. It should be "cook more for lunch so for dinner, I don't cook a lot, eat whatever from lunch. Sometimes I just cook a veggie to add to the dinner menu". Hehe.

Angie's Recipes said...

What a delicious day! I love those chicken wings...so nicely golden crisp and I miss kangkong!! It's a huge favourite during hot summer time.

mun said...

Petai is also tasty when eaten raw so your dish is yummy although you say you taste the petai got raw taste. Tasty dishes! Ya cook once a day is enough for both lunch and dinner! 👍

Nancy Chan said...

For dinner we will be having stinky beans too, no need for me to cook because our good neighbour bought for us. Long time haven't eaten tofu and kangkong. I don't mind the plain or healthier version of kangkong cooked with garlic but hubby prefers the belacan version. Your Kentucky fried chicken looks great. I am sure that is everyone's favourite.

Nux V said...

i like fried chicken with Kentucky powder...very aromatic and flavorful!

Libby said...

Usually when my mom cooked, she usually cooks one time and we will have the same dishes for both lunch and dinner. Your homecooked meal with fried chicken and tofu with minced meat toppings are my favorite. Yums!

Reanaclaire said...

I bought one bottle of shrimp paste from Lee Kum Kee... took it over here for my sister and she loves it!

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586