Thursday, December 17, 2020

Made from scratch

Long time I did not make pork lard sambal from scratch as I rarely buy pork lard from outside.  My mum loves pork lard sambal; she would make it occasionally and sometimes passed some of her sambal to me.

It happened that she bought 3 packs of pork lard from the market on a Sunday morning.  RM5 per pack. She gave me a pack and the very next day, I used some of it for my pork lard sambal.  

All you need is pounding and chopping!! And lots of work.  I have improved my previous recipe and I believed it was tastier and more fragrant. Ingredients included the pork lard, shallots, dried prawns, belacan, chilli and salt.


Chop the pork lard to smaller bits.


In mortar, pound the dried shrimp, belacan, sliced chilli and sliced shallots.

Add in the pounded the shrimp and shallot mix to the pork lard.  Add some salt to taste.


Mix well.

Heat up a pan.  No oil needed, add in the mixture once the pan is hot.  Saute the sambal under low heat till it turned brown, crispy and fragrant.

Then drain onto kitchen towel. Soak up the oil few times with kitchen towels by pressing onto the kitchen towels till towels not so oily. This will make the sambal crispier. 

You can lime juice if you like. I like my pork lard sambal to be drier and crispier instead of wet like some people do. 

Enjoy!!

7 comments:

suituapui said...

Pork lard? Never tried. I only know hay bee sambal. Next time you make, give me a bit to try, ok? LOL!!!

Iwona said...

I would like to try it :) Have a great day :)

mun said...

I am a frog under a coconut shell because I didn't know that there is such a sambal as pork lard sambal.

Reanaclaire said...

Must be very appetizing!! But I know I am lazy to do that... hahaha

Nancy Chan said...

Sambal pork lard is new to me. I would love to try but have to get the mood to cook this.

Libby said...

No need oil because the pork lard itself got oil already. Pork lard sambal must be very tasty and flavourful.

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586