Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fried pork lard sambal

Those who love this sinful, unhealthy yet delicious fried pork lard sambal, please raise your hand!!!


Better known as chu yau char, it is darn good by itself but it goes really well with fried noodles, and stir fried with vegetables. It is great with white porridge too!

Mostly would add belacan into this crispy pork fat, but I prefer to omit it.


To prepare the sambal, all you need is some dried prawns(hay bee), pork fats, chopped garlic and sliced chilli (de-seeded).


Mince and mix everything together. Then in a heated pan (without oil), slowly fry the pork lard sambal under low heat. Add salt to taste. Fry till the pork lard turned golden brown and crispy. You could add a bit of lime juice to the sambal for that extra acidic taste!


I keep some in an air-tight container and keep in fridge to be used at any time.

16 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Rose! I have never tried it so I cannot raise my hand but it does look good! :)

Small Kucing said...

me me me....raising my hands and feet ....super like this

Small Kucing said...

me me me....raising my hands and feet ....super like this

Anonymous said...

Pork lard sambal? Never heard, seen, tried! Next time you cook, save some for me, ok? Looks so so so good!

Sharon D. said...

Me! Haha..nice one, Rose! ^.^

Princess Ribbon said...

I;ve never tried this, with added chillies and all.. Usually just plain froed lard to be eaten with noodles, while mum pours on top of her steamed fish.. Looks yummy though, I won't mind munching one big spoon to test the taste :)

Agnes CF Lee said...

have not tried it before with belacan..look tasty but i always avoid pork lard a bit too fattening for me.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Have not tried pork lard sambal before, but i like har bi sambal

Ezvina said...

Nice, mine version got bit of belacan.

mun said...

never seen pork lard sambal. Deep fried pork lard I have seen and eaten but not as a sambal.

Libby said...

I can smell the pork lard sambal now, goes with white porridge will be very appetizing

Merryn said...

Oh? This is something new to me but I guess I'll LOVE it! :D

Nancy Chan said...

Rose, can you see me raising both my hands? I am raising them very high up! You make my mouth waters!

The Boring Life said...

🙆

Unknown said...

I just bought a container of Chu yu char from a local supermarket.Tomorrow will chop them with those ingredients you've mentioned. Add more shallots. Wow, yummilicious! My BIG family's favourite.

Unknown said...

Made it many times it taste real good but stop making it 15years now can't remember the amount to the ingrediens, I love the deep fried pork.