Saturday, December 12, 2020

More than a year

We used to patronise this coffee shop for its kolo mee and mix pork soup in the past. Near to our place and this place was recognised as favourite kolo mee place for some people. Choo Choo Cafe, everyone would know this place.

However on our  last visit back in October 2019, hubby did not enjoyed its mix pork soup. Thus, we had never come back anymore. Furthermore we found new eating places in our area that were more appealing than this coffee shop.

So it has been more than a year and on Monday, hubby was off from work. Out of sudden, hubby wanted to go to this coffee shop as craving for mixed pork soup. So we decided to go here for an early breakfast.

The place was crowded as usual but much lesser compared to its pre-pandemic time. We found ourselves a table at the corridor. We much preferred to sit at the corridor than sitting in the shop.

I went to check in and order at the counter and saw a dish that I have never ordered in the past so I decided to try it. Tang hoon soup!! 


Looked good with their tasty fried beancurds, fish strips and fishballs. I used to buy some of its beancurds (RM2 each in the past) and fish strips home. 


Tastewise, it was comforting. Mild in taste and great to take on a cold morning. I enjoyed it very much. 


Hubby had his mixed pork soup set. A bowl of noodle with the soup. Usually my man prefer the straight noodle than this curly type and that morning, I did specified for straight noodle but they ended up serving the curly noodle for him. Luckily he was alright with it. 


Amazingly, after more than a year, the soup was great!! Much improvement. The liver was well cooked (important for my man!), and ting of wine in the soup. It was so good that my man had another bowl of straight noodle to go with the soup!! 

Plus drinks and 3 takeaway kolo mee, our breakfast cost us RM28. 


9 comments:

suituapui said...

Never heard. I only know Kim Joo and Noodle Descendents.

Sakuranko said...

Oh so nice place darling
xx

mun said...

Wow! He can eat two servings of noodles at one time. I see your tang Hoon noodles with the assorted balls I also like. Looks so sedap!

Nux V said...

soupy noodles and fishballs….such a comforting food!

Reanaclaire said...

Curly noodle..cute name. hahaha.. but I do like the curly noodle than the straight one..

Libby said...

RM28 for so much food! I saw both livers and kidneys in the mixed pork soup. I like! The tang hoon soup sure looks comforting to eat on a cold morning.

Nancy Chan said...

I like the tang hoon soup with its ingredients that you ordered. I prefer tang hoon than the others. So good when the food you ordered all turned out delicious. That made a satisfying breakfast for that morning. Wow!RM28 is really cheap!

Max said...

Wowow, all for just rm28? I could go here one day since I just moved here and craving for some kolo mee as well!

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586