Friday, July 3, 2020

New flavours


The adventurous me have been tasting new flavours for the past weeks. Blamed on the social media which ignited my curiosity. 

New stuff that I tasted recently. 


Boba ice-cream!! I found these last 2 sticks in Emart last Saturday. 

I actually quite liked this ice-cream more than the real boba tea. Not overly sweet, based on my sweetness chart. 


The tapioca balls were chewy but not hard and the milk tea was nice. I wouldn't mind buy more to stock up in my freezer. Pretty hard to buy in Kuching. 


Last week, while hunting for the boba ice-cream in nearby 7-11 store, I found these sweeties. No boba but at least I found the Magnum cherry blossom ice-cream which I also wanted to try. 


The taro and sweet potato sticks were for emergency or treats for the kids, and yours truly immediately tasted the cherry blossom flavour once reached home!! 

Rather sweet but not too sweet. Somehow I felt like I tasted sugar lump in the pink ice-cream. There was some fruit pieces in it so there was a texture to every bite.


The white almond flavour was my lesst favourite. Although I like the almond bits, but it was sweet. 

Enough of ice-cream for now!!! 


Our local bakery brand, Taka recently released this new bun, named Garlic Bom Bibi. Very garlicky in taste and the cheese accompanied the taste so well. RM4.50 each, or RM10 for 3 buns.


Hubby's ex-colleague from Sri Aman gave us some tasty buns last Friday. Not sure where she bought them but they were so good!! Soft and delectable. We had them for breakfast the next day. 

13 comments:

Iwona said...

I prefer coconut ice-cream :)

Nux V said...

i have heard of boba ice-cream but yet to try.

suituapui said...

I'm not into bubble tea so I may not like that one. Got sugar lump in your cherry blossom? How come I did not encounter one in mine? I may have tried the almond before, so so lah...nothing spectacular. My favourite is still macadamia salted caramel.

Reanaclaire said...

Oh, just yesterday I got some HD ice cream sticks... 4 for RM25... I tried one, too sweet for me... or maybe I have changed.. not so sweet tooth anymore.. hahaha

Nancy Chan said...

I have yet to taste the taro and sweet potato ice cream and cherry blossom ice cream. The 2 garlic bread that my friend gave me look like your Garlic Bom Bibi. I ate one and still have one bread in my fridge.

Diana Diane Teo said...

My brother also told me that it's hard to find Tealive boba ice-cream in Kuching.

Taka now has this Garlic Bom Bibi??!!! I so want to try. I heard that there is new Taka branch in MJC area

mun said...

Wow! Love your food especially ice cream n buns! Boba ice cream is like the Taiwan ice cream, they should put red bean in it. Buns look so tasty!

mun said...

Yay! You also taste the cherry blossoms ice cream is not that sweet, right? Not as sweet as other Magnum be ice cream.

Rose world said...

Yes. Across from McD. Along the way to emart.

PH said...

hah..hah... ice cream fever! No more ice cream for me for the time being. I have seen that garlic bread at Aeon. It has cream cheese inside too I think.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love that you wrote, your sweetness chart. I don't like a lot of sweet and I call it my Sweet-o-meter.

So fun that you tried new flavours.

Libby said...

Cant find cherry blossom flavour here so no chance to try but i prefer yam and coconut ice cream. I love garlic taste so i will like those garlic bom bibi.

Libby said...

Saw these tealive boba ice cream selling at 7-11, will buy to try out of curiosity one of these days.