Friday, July 24, 2020

Not too long ago

Used to be one of the well known food centre in the past where you could enjoy good and reasonable seafood. Very popular 15-20 years ago. Pending seafood centre. 

It has been ages since I stepped foot in here. Used to have many family gathering and dinner here. Our other usual place was Batu Lintang food centre. 


Not too long ago, we went for a countryside  drive to Bako and on the way back, we decided to stop here for lunch.  The place was deserted, nearly no one was there. 


We saw this shop was the only one that opened. Kak Kak Seafood Cafe. 

Being the only customers that day, we waited pretty long for our food. Maybe because it has only opened and was getting ready for business that afternoon. Anyhow, we were happy when the food finally arrived to our table! 


First was the o'chien. Kuching-styled oyster pancake. The kids must be starving as they couldn't get their hands off the dish and it was gone in a quick time! 


We ordered 2 plates of greens. Both stir fried with garlic. 

Seafood tofu wasn't something to shout about. Tasted like those frozen seafood tofu where I bought and cooked at home. 


The kung pao stir fried squid ring was next. Tasted alright but the squid was tough. Overcooked, I thought. 


I enjoyed the fish the most. Steamed sea bass was fresh and tasty. 


Our lunch was around RM115 plus drinks.

23 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for the revieww. I can try one of these days after I finish my golf lessons

Nancy Chan said...

The o'chien looks like crispy pancake, something different from what we have here. With the threat of 2nd wave of Covid-19, less people will want to eat out these days.

Nux V said...

my favourite would be the steamed fish too...looks fresh!

suituapui said...

I did drop by once more recently, a shadow of what it used to be, last time so very popular. A bit out of the way, Batu Lintang is nearer.

mun said...

Crispy oyster pancake is like the one served in putien. Children would like it because it is crispy like crackers. Long time I never eat steamed fish like that.

Twilight Man said...

Wow! That place looked so sad and quiet. I hope more people would support them.

I have been enjoying the crispy fried oyster as it is like a new trend now.

PH said...

What a nice meal! I had that type of oyster pancake in Terengganu once.

fabulousperks said...

The food looks really good there. I’m a huge fan of sea bass, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

lina said...

Nice meal.

Libby said...

I have not eaten crispy pancake style o'chien before.

melissa said...

This looks delicious. Hopefully, my husband and I can visit one day to try it out.

Colette S said...

I haven't had fish in awhile. I would really love some seafood! Thanks for getting my appetite going!

Monidipa said...

The first thing I liked about this post was your very honest review about the food, it wasn't sugarcoated. Plus, I love fishes.

melissa cushing said...

Looks like you had a nice meal and the bass would be my favorite too as it is a delicious fish. If I am ever around here I will have to check it out for myself so thank you!

Jhangi said...

The food definitely sounds so delicious and tasty one..glad you shared the review with us..even though the place looks so interesting and lovely one..

Sarah M said...

These sea foods are looking so delicious. I love sea foods as they taste yummy and good for health too.

Cristina said...

I have never tried o'chien. It looks yummy, I would definitely order it. I absolutely love sea bass, one of my favourite fish. Looks like, overall, you had an enjoyable meal.

Diana Diane Teo said...

My aunt owns a seafood restaurant in Pending too. But they open during the night time.

Rachel said...

All of the food looks so good. It's sad that it was so deserted!

David Elliott said...

Some of the dishes here sound delicious. Although I would probably shy away from the Seafood Tofu. That does sound a bit odd.

Candace Hampton said...

Some of these foods I have never heard of! I am a really big fan of seafood too. There is nothing better than fresh fish. You can always taste the difference!

Waren Jean Go said...

This makes me miss Asian foods. After COVID I am planning to book a trip and Asia and eat tofu, seafoods and all kinds of stir fry.

Nick Ziakas said...

This is a great post about tasty food! I found it very interesting! Thank you for sharing!