Monday, July 6, 2020

Cooling

Weather has been hot lately especially in the morning but we did have thunderstorm or heavy rain with gush of wind late afternoon towards the evening. 

Not long ago, I used up this can of sea coconut in honey syrup from our CNY happer. 


Ali Shan brand from Thailand!! I love sea coconut. I used to order that dessert when I ate at the Hock Hai hawker centre. But that was ages ago and I wonder whether that drink stall that sells the sea coconut dessert is still open or not. 


To accompany the sea coconut, I added longan and red dates. No sugar added since I used some of the honey syrup. 


Basically just drain the longan from a can of longan. Washed and deseed 2 red dates. In a pot, add in the sea coconut, half honey syrup, about 1 cup of water, longan and red dates. Boiled till sea coconut has soften. 


I liked it to be served chill. Cooling dessert on any warm day!! 

8 comments:

mun said...

Delicious dessert! I love to eat sea coconut!

suituapui said...

Oh? Gotta look out for it, would love to try!

Reanaclaire said...

I love longan too... never seen this brand before, normally I buy the dried longan for my desserts..

Nux V said...

yea it is so hot these days....hope that it rains often so tht the weather is cooler...

PH said...

I also like sea coconut. I usually get to eat in desserts served at weddings.

Ezvina said...

I like sea coconut too, i dunno which brand is good one.

Imemily said...

looks yummy
good to have during hot days

Libby said...

Yummy dessert, i love to eat sea coconut.