Thursday, August 29, 2019

His turn

My eldest boy's birthday was a day apart from mine, so we celebrated his birthday on Sunday. I had my birthday brunch on Saturday so on Sunday, it was his turn to celebrate his special day. 


What did he want to have on his special day?? Pizza!! 


We went to Pizza Hut in Aeon Mall for his birthday lunch after the church.


First time dining in this Pizza Hut outlet. And  the concept has changed so much that it was not just the typical pizza outlet now. In the past, one would associate Pizza Hut with its pizza, lasagna, and spaghetti. Now, it was serving more than that and of a fusion cuisine to cater to different and larger clientele. 


For starter, we had the crispy tempura king prawns.

Choice of pizza was beef pepperoni and most of the slices gone to Jay and Jan's tummies.

We also had some greens as in the Ceasar salad. Kind of nice and refreshing; I actually enjoyed and ate a wholesome of it.


I never liked the creamy mushroom soup but since the kids didn't want it, hubby and I took a bowl each.


The new menu that we tried was the roasted ayam berempah (spiced chicken). 


Choice of chicken thigh with wedges and Hawaiian salad or chicken thigh with pilaf rice and Hawaiian salad accompanied by brown dipping sauce. 


Honestly, the chicken thigh was alright. Sweeter and peppery. But I would not recommend this if you happen to drop by here. Better go for its pizza. 

It took quite long for our roasted ayam berempah to arrive on our table. And when it did, it was not that impressive. 

Ok, that was my verdict. My personal opinion. 

On the other hand, the birthday boy was very happy. He asked for pizza, and he got it. Happy birthday, Jay, may all the life's blessing be yours always. 


12 comments:

mun said...

Happy Birthday to Jay! All the food look tasty, especially the pizzas.

Nux V said...

Happy Birthday to Jay! I m ok with mushroom soup and even dip it with pizza.

Sakuranko said...

Oh so cute photos darling
xx

Reanaclaire said...

Happy Birthday to your boy, Rose! Kids sure like this kind of places, as long as they are happy, we are good!

Diana Diane Teo said...

Happy birthday to your handsome son. Bet he has wonderful time celebrating his big day at the place he wanted to. Talking about Pizzahut, I barely remember the last time I dine-in at the restaurant cause most of the times, I prefer to take-out.

Libby said...

Happy birthday to your boy! He looks such a grown up in the last photo, how old is he?

For Pizzahut, usually if I happened to eat, it would be home delivery cos it is so convenient, just a phone call away!

suituapui said...

Happy birthday, boy!!! What a coincidence! Went to Pizza Hut the other day, blogpost on it coming up real soon.

Rose world said...

10 years old

Nancy Chan said...

Happy birthday to Jay! I love pizza too.

lina said...

Happy Birthday Jay!

Natalia said...

Happy Birthday!!! The pizza looks yum☺

Merryn said...

A belated birthday wishes to Jay. I've not been to Pizza Hut for so long now I don't know why. I only go there for their pizza too.