Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Got it

I heard about this Penang white curry noodle, people has been commenting how good it is. I have been searching high and low around Sibu but thank my lucky star, my sil found one supermart that sell it. Most marts here are out of stock. My sil got it at RM8 for 4 packets. 

For breakfast, I could not wait to try it out. And since I dont have any prawns, I just toss fried egg and hotdog into my noodle. Love the firm texture of the noodle. Very elastic, as we called it. 

My verdict? Thumb up to Penang White Curry Noodle! This is my first time tasted it. I like it! Very creamy and delicious. The chili paste is good! Next time I will add some prawns and tau pok to my noodle. I think that how the original white curry should be. For now, this packet has satisfied my curiosity and tastebuds. 

15 comments:

mun said...

So you like it. I read some people reviewed that it is too rich.

ChrisAu said...

Hmm .. I must go and search for it since there are so many good reviews.

Unknown said...

Erm, I like the curry too but I omit the creamer...LoL

mNhL said...

I love this instant noodles but must add tau pok and fu chok (beancurd sheets).

RM8 is pretty expensive. We had here at RM6 for 4 during promotions

Princess Ribbon said...

I managed to try one packet when they "hoo-haa-ed" about it about two months ago.. I heard Giant is selling for RM6.99.. Of course the real curry mee from coffee-shop is better, but then, "hou kor mou" la, put a few packets at home also good, hehe..

Diana Diane Teo said...

I just tried yesterday night and it's not really bad. My dad bought last month from a restaurant in KK and was selling like RM15 for 4 packets. My dad said that was the last one and was selling like hot cake in KK.

Sharon D. said...

High 5, Rose! It's nice to hear that it's being sold there too. I love it..with a lil tom yum paste in, of course ^.^

suituapui said...

I hear it's not so spicy and not so lemak as when it first came out - owing to complaints from customers. Not going to buy any, anyway - did not think it's really all that great. I'm going to try Lee Fah - white Sarawak laksa one of these days...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I tried once...

Hayley said...

Glad that you like it, same here, I like this instant noodles too!

Reanaclaire said...

I also cook this last Monday... I didnt put in the creamer though.. I prefer it without..

wenn said...

I cooked for my hubby. 2 packets of noodles but for the curry paste n creamer, I just used a packet each. And I just tasted a bit of it. Nice though but I still prefer original curry noodles.

Small Kucing said...

LOL...am one of those that say Nay to this. :p

guess just a matter of taste buds

Sherry Go Sharing said...

ah.. I tried it.. its too spicy for me..

trishie said...

I would so love to try this. hmmm, will look out for it in the asian shops