Friday, January 26, 2024

Jiaozi

Jiaozi or potsticker as commonly known in the Western countries is a common food in this part of the world. This Chinese dumpling is one of the food served during Chinese New Year, although it can be found and eaten anytime of the year in China and other parts of Asia. 

It can be boiled, steamed or pan fried. I myself loved it pan fried. Last CNY, my man bought 2 packs of this dumplings (pork and vegetable) from the frozen section, and we steamed and served with black vinegar at home. 


Good news for jiaozi lovers in Kuching, we now have pork jiaozi at the coffee shop. Handmade by the Chinese stall operator, you can have it steamed or pan-fried. Option of pork with chives and pork with cabbage. 




RM10 for 8 dumplings, we opted for pork with chives when she started early this month. Served with chopped garlic in vinegar dipping as well as her handmade chilli sauce. 


And we also tasted its steamed dumplings. If you asked me which one tasted better, it is up to individual preference. 



Now, don't you think jiaozi reminded you of CNY? It does to me. Soon, we will be ushering the Year of Dragon. In 2 weeks time!!

Stall:Fried Banana Fritter
Dish: Chinese dumplings (jiaozi)



5 comments:

Nux V said...

i like both the steamed and pan-fried.

Reanaclaire said...

I like them with lots of chives and less meat...hahaha..

Angie's Recipes said...

Love them, esp. the fried one.

PH said...

I love it! Especially in soup.

mun said...

I like both also. I prefer the fillings to be chives and eggs.