Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Food throwback

Back to December, when we were having dinner in 38 Food Street MJC.

It was convenient to settle our dinner here than having to cook as I would be rather tired and lazy to whip anything in the kitchen after work in coffee shop. So, having dine out once in a while is fine, and kids rather prefer going out for food too. 


More and more stalls are operating in the food court since last year. Stalls like claypot soup, Kueh chap, burgers and Chinese dumplings are some of them. We had a taste of the pork satay in this visit and everyone liked the flavour. 


The nasi yam penyet has hike in price since we last having it. Now it is RM14 per plate. Taste still as good as before although I felt the portion has slightly shrunk.  


Mil and boys went for the kampua stall. The pian sip (dumpling) soup won my mil's voice as she enjoyed it very much. Kampua was alright, nothing to shout about. 

7 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Those meat skewers are looking so good!

Reanaclaire said...

I like kampua noodles, and now I can get them via Shopee or Lazada... :) Miss the piansip though...

PH said...

The pork satay looks good, grilled until very brown the way that I like it!

mun said...

The satay looks so tasty! I would like to taste all the food in your post.

Anonymous said...

What is kampua noodles?

Rose world said...

https://sarawaktourism.com/food/kampua-mee

A Chinese Foochow noodle.

suituapui said...

I had satay last night. Thought of having ayam penyet too but changed my mind.