Sunday, March 13, 2022

Since that year

An overdue reunion and catch up!! I entered college in 1996. I started off with LCCI diploma. Studied for a year and got my double diplomas in Accounting and Economy. Then I pursued my degree in Marketing for 3 years before entering the job market. 

Since that year when we graduated, it has been more than 20 years that I haven't met my LCCI classmates. Most of them went back to their hometowns and lost contact.  Although few are in Kuching, we hardly meet up. The most we did was connected via Facebook and Whatsapp. 

And so a friend tried to organise a reunion for those in Kuching not long ago  but somehow we ended up with only 4 of us. Others were unavailable. Since it was only 4 of us (all girls), we decided to go to a quieter place for a lunch last Sunday. A friend was a member of the prestigious Sarawak Club so she suggested it as our lunch spot!!

So, the 4 of us met up in Sarawak Club last Sunday. This was my 4th visit and dining here but the last one was many years ago, when I was working in my 1st company. And my first time having lunch there.


My friend did the ordering since she was the member there. The 4 of us had 5 dishes in total .

The signature cold dish plate, which was the star of our lunch. Cold jelly fish in the centre with chicken and mango salad with meat crisp around it.


The fried needle mushroom rolls were also recommended as they were unique yet appetizing.

Butter fried prawns were equally irresistible as I had many of these buttery prawns. 
We also had this tasty fried beancurd. We could taste the salted fish in the gravy. 


Lastly, was the stir fried celery, peas, carrots with squids. 

Besides the delicious feast, we also spent a good time reminiscing on old times, catching up with current lives. We promised ourselves that we will make it a once a month meet up and hopefully able to get other old classmates to join us too. 



6 comments:

mun said...

Ya, hopefully you all can meet up once a month. So much fun to catch up and chat! Nice food. I like the prawns the best.

Angie's Recipes said...

That's a FEAST! I miss cold jelly fish.

suituapui said...

My relatives in Kuching love going to the Sarawak Club for dinner - they love the prawns, especially. Yes, the food is nice...and I love going over to the karaoke pub after dinner to sing my heart out. LOL!!!

suituapui said...

I think this was the last time I was there, 2016...so long ago!
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2016/06/20/go-our-own-way/

PH said...

It is fun meeting up with ex-classmates and catching up. I had a reunion once and it was so much fun. Dunno when can meet again.

Nux V said...

i didn't have any reunion with my Uni friends since graduated, coz everyone is busy with their life & family. Hopefully when it is 20th anniversary (counting from our grad time) would be good to hav one.