Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Picks


Hubby brought me to this well known Kuching Lok Lok shop in Ban Hock road for a late afternoon snack. Actually he was craving for stinky tofu but unfortunately the only stinky tofu stall in Kuching isn't in operation for time being. Look like there wouldn't be anyone selling this stinky delicacy for now.

So we ended up in Ban Hock road for some Lok Lok. Hubby did the ordering so here was his picks 


The steamed sticks consists of mostly vegetables and a stick of mussels. Of course I was more interested in the fried sticks. Such as the bishop's nose. They were so good and addictive!!!


Hubby also ordered 2 of these fried tofu with rojak paste filling. Pretty good as well. 


As for the sauce, you can opted what you want, either sweet or combination of spicy and sweet. 


A very warm day, so a bowl of tong sui was refreshing to have after digesting all the lok-lok. 


Of course we brought few sticks home for MIL and kids. 2 sticks of bishop's nose and 2 sticks of fried small crabs. The kids especially Jay enjoy them a lot. I didn't even had my dinner that evening. 

 

7 comments:

PH said...

Oh dear, stinky tofu. I won't want to try it again hah..hah... I would prefer the tauhu bakar with rojak paste. I really love it!

suituapui said...

Bishop's nose? Your kids will eat bishop's nose. Eyewwwww!!! LOL!!!

Angie's Recipes said...

Bishop's nose sounds really interesting!

mun said...

Wah, u dare to eat bishop's nose. I don't dare. 😆

Nux V said...

i have never try bishop's nose before.

Libby said...

I have not tried bishop's nose and i wonder what it is lol. Must google for it.

Twilight Man said...

Each time I heard of stinky tofu, my tummy would turn. Sorry about this as the smell is so unbearable while I still tried so hard to enjoy them but failed. LOLOL

Whenever I visited the night markets in Taipei, I could smell them from one street away!