Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Schools

I had been super busy in the final week of the school holiday. Registration of schools, collecting textbooks etc. Normal stuff to do before schools reopened on 21st March. 

But somehow Jay's registration to preferred school (Jan's secondary school) wasn't smooth so I needed to run here and there to appeal again. Did my 1st appeal via online on the 1st week of the school holiday but rejected so I needed to do it manually 2 weeks later. 

So for 3 days, I was driving between 2 secondary schools and the Kuching education department to submit my case. Submitted to education department on Wednesday and finally got the approval letter on Friday. Immediately dropped the letter to the school in the morning and by evening, I got the list of class with his name in it!! Thank God!! Thanks to the teacher for the quick work and effort!! And that same evening, my phone was bombarded with Telegram from different teachers!! My first time using Telegram app. 

Now less headache for me as Jay is now in same school with the sis although he is in afternoon session while the latter is in the morning class. For now, both will be doing online classes till they going back to school on 1st week of April.

The youngest has been going back to school, but he wasn't that pleased with him going to school while the others stayed at home and doing online classes. Lol!!

One morning last week, I was too busy to prepare lunch so I went to buy takeaway from Singapore Chicken Rice.

Fried rice plus egg RM9.50

Jan wanted its fried rice and requested a fried egg to go with her rice. I went for fried rice but without the egg. 

Fried rice RM8.50

The boys had the roasted chicken rice for lunch. 

Roasted chicken rice RM7.40




7 comments:

suituapui said...

Haven't been to SCR for a long time, not many outlets left here. They have fried rice there?

mun said...

Good for u that you managed to get Jay into the same school as his sister. Better that way so that you don't have to commute to a different school. 👍🙂

Nux V said...

i can feel your joy of finally having both kids in the same school after all the appealing. I remembered last time i went to the Education Dept a few times to submit my school transfer form and did the follow up, which is tedious, and worse still i was still a student (pre-U) who relied on public transportation to get to the city.

Angie's Recipes said...

I am glad that things worked out at the end! Being a parent is a tough job.
The fried rice with egg looks mouthwatering.

Nancy Chan said...

Glad that everything is settled after all the running around and stress. I love fried rice with fried egg.

The Yum List said...

Gosh, that sounds like a lot to manage between schools, different sessions and online learning.

Twilight Man said...

Sending your 2 kids to the same school is definitely a good idea with much convenience.