Sunday, January 16, 2022

We got these

On Christmas Day, we went to my parents' house. Coincidentally my sis was there too. Not that we planned to meet up there. 

While we were there, my sis passed me a pack of this Sibu-made mochi. Her BIL bought these when he was travelling, so my sis passed a pack for me to try.


Green tea or black sesame lotus filling and I chose the latter one. Heard that this Big Thumb mochi is pretty well known in Sibu. Is it, STP??


We also got these Perak-made smoked duck breasts from her. We tasted it for the first time last year, and they were flavourful.


Thank you sis for the goodies. We like them!!

And on the same day, my MIL arrived in Kuching. She stayed with us, so we went to pick her up at my BIL's house. She brought over some siu mai for us. Jakar products and apparently besides its well known pork siu mai, they also sell other varieties.


From right corner, seafood siu mai, pork siu mai (plain without carrot topping) and sotong siu mai.  That was a lot, as 2 packs each. Can heat and enjoy during CNY. Thanks mum for bringing us these siu Mai all the way from Jakar!


And this was what we bought last month from this food centre. Jakar five blessings. Hope it brings blessing when we eat them. Lol.



6 comments:

mun said...

All the frozen food look good and is convenient to prepare for consumption. Yummy! 😋👍

suituapui said...

You didn't know about Big Thumb when you were in Sibu? I knew their mochi are very popular - people would buy a lot to give to family and friends so much so that the bakery calls itself a Sibu souvenir shop selling the mochi and a lot of local stuff like mee sua, instant kampua and so on.

When the West Malaysian bloggers came in 2012, they insisted on going there to buy the mochi. Only then did I get to know about those things. I've tried before, nice but not anything that would get me all excited. LOL!!!

PH said...

I love to eat mochi! Wah! I like all those frozen foods. Very convenient to stock up in the freezer. Can eat anytime!

Angie's Recipes said...

I would love to try the smoked duck! Mochi looks very tempting too.

Nux V said...

frozen food is very convenient to prepare....I saw my fav smoked duck breast!

Nancy Chan said...

I like the smoked duck breast. If we can't get the fresh foodstuffs, frozen would be great.