Friday, November 19, 2021

Whatever I have

It has been quite a while since I fried vermicelli at home. So this morning, I felt like having one so I got myself busy early in the morning to cook my breakfast. 

In this post, I did bought a can of Gulong's chicken mince with bean paste last month. I have not try it till today. Usually I like to fry my vermicelli with pork mince with bean paste.


When opened up, the minced chicken looked and tasted similar to the pork version actually.  So pretty good I have to say but not as strong flavour as pork.



The main ingredients for my breakfast. I prefer to use Hsinghua rice vermicelli but it was hard to find in Kuching. So I used whatever I could find.




For complete recipe, click  my post here but I have simplified it here.


Ingredients:
Half of rice vermicelli (fit for 3 pax)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, sliced
1 can of Gulong's chicken mince with bean paste
Cooking oil
Hot water to soak vermicelli
1 fried egg, sliced
Chopped spring onion for garnishing

Methods:
1. Soak the rice vermicelli in a pot of hot water for about 7 minutes, then drain.
2. In a wok, heat up about 3 tbsp cooking oil under low heat.
3. Add in the garlic and shallots, saute till fragrant. 
4. Add in the chicken mince. Still on low heat, saute the ingredients. 
5. Toss in the vermicelli and turn up the heat. Mix all the ingredients well. No seasoning is needed.
6. Dish out and serve with egg slices and spring onion.



11 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The stirfrie vermicelli looks really flavourful and tasty, Rose.

suituapui said...

Looks good!!! Haven't fried anything for a while now, so very lazy. I have packets of bihun and cans of clams in soya sauce sitting in the pantry. LOL!!!

Twilight Man said...

It sounds easy to cook from your recipe. Delicious meal I like.

mun said...

Wah, your fried Mee hoon is so 😋 tasty! I like the strips of omelette eggs on top of it. That's the best! 😋😋😋Did Jay and Jan eat this Mee hoon too?

Rose world said...

Only me and Jan ate it. I made sandwiches for the boys. They aren't keen to take my mee hoon. Lol.

Libby said...

I love to eat vermicelli stir fried with egg slices (strips) for my breakfast. Your food looks so "photogenic" in the last photo lol. Is that cup of tea green tea? Good to drink green tea to wash off and balance off any oil.

Nancy Chan said...

I haven't fried vermicelli for a long time too. The mince meat with bean paste is new to me. Your recipe looks so easy. Nice to have this for breakfast, lunch and even for dinner. I like.

Reanaclaire said...

Looks good, Rose... never tried with the can minced meat before...

The Yum List said...

That looks a very tasty breakfast.

mun said...

Oh, sandwiches are tasty 😋😋. I will eat both meehoon and 🥪 sandwiches.

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586